Attn: Boston Boy pic of full trunk install of the '86 GN

Audiowizard

CARE FOR A SMOKE ANYONE?
Staff member
Here is an idea of what we discussed earlier, its all under 3/8" Plexi with dual cooling fans. The compartment on the right is a 800 cca gell cell stinger battery with dual 1 farad Brax caps, 1 for each amplifier (I know....overkill.....:D )

Attachments

• rockin gn trunk.jpg
    rockin gn trunk.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 154
I love what you've done to your trunk. The first time I saw that pic It gave me some ideas. I'd like to do my trunk the same way, but I already have a box for my speakers and have decided to keep it, so I went ahead and try to build a wall like yours with the cd holder in it. Right now it has my cd holder to the left bottom and my amp mounted on the other side. Because of the hump in the trunk the board that is carpeted is not secure. It is basically forced in to place.And it's not over the hump where I would like it to be, it has to come out and be re-cut so it sits on top of the hump. I see from your pictures that it looks like you built up to the hump.I would like to mount both my amps once the other gets here along with the cd changer. The cd changer is screwed to the floor on the hump and I just cut a hole in the board so it's accessible(spelling). Would it possible if you could give me your measurements on the back wall. Me and my Dad have been trying to come up with different ways to mount the board. But the best way seems to just force it in between the trunk bars.

Thanks for the cudos :cool: . I built the woofer cabinet around the changer but it is still mounted and a part of my woofer cabinet and I just built up the false floor level with bottom of woofer cabinet so I cant remember the exact height. I built the amp rack first and then went from there with a 3/4" MDF top which meets level with the cabinet.

It took several months for me to build my system because I had to work on other cars during the process but it was well worth the wait. Let me know what exact measurements that you need because I may need to pull back seat to access measurements of the cabinet.

Be careful where you put screws in floor because there are fuel lines and a full tank that are mounted to bottome of trunk :eek: .

Right now I'm waiting on my second amp to arrive. I have a lot of plans for my setup. What I figure I'm gonna do is pull out the wall/amp rack and re-cut so it sits on top of hump and see how that goes. I plan on buying the custom embroidered trunk kit from Postons and carpeting the whole trunk so it will look clean. I will definitely write you for measurements if any problems rear their ugly head. The measurements I am curious about are just the one board/wall you can see in the pictue with the cd changer in it. Top to bottom ,left to right measurements. I would like and probably will post some before, while and after pics.

Originally posted by 87gnblackdemon
I plan on buying the custom embroidered trunk kit from Postons and carpeting the whole trunk so it will look clean.

I am not knocking the Postons trunk kit but you could build your own trunk panels and carpet them with the same material as my trunk and have a better cleaner look and not pay the Poston's price tag to do it, just a suggestion.