ATR Double Pumper?

motorhead

motorhead mike
Hypothetically speaking... if you were to have purchased an ATR Double Pumper System in June of 1997 what pumps do you figure it would have included?

Modified Stockers?
ATRs own Brand?
Sy/Ty Pumps?
Walbro 307s?
Walbro 340s?

Worst case I can contact ATR... but I'd like some thoughts.

If the pumps are crap (Stock, ATR, Sy/Ty), I'd just assume change them out for some GSS340s.

Originally posted by Sweet6
190 liter

GNTType.org says this:
Walbro GSS 242
Carter P/N: None???
55 GPH
100 Shut Off

Kinda pales in comparison to the 340: Walbro GSS340M 255L/hr

But if I have two...

Probably 307's from that time period, but they could be 242's. Call them and they can tell you right away if you ordered directly from them.

[:)

ATR Wrote:

Michael,
According to our records we were using the GM507-242A Hi volume / Hi pressure pump. At that time the double pumper would flow 460-500 lbs/hr typically at 60-70
psi.

Thanks

Go Figure.

It's not terribly hard to upgrade, just a little expensive.

I fabricated a new lower bracket and bought one the ATR billet coupler. I got new 307's from Precision, so it cost me like $250 to upgrade, but that's better than the (I think) $500 or so they sell for now.

Good luck.

Mike [:)

I would not worry about upgrading until you hit at least low 11's. If that is down the road for you, then you could wait to see what the racetronix kit looks like. It might be easier to buy his kit instead of modifying the one you have. Just my $.02.

Funny... I still have the GSS340 I bought off of Jack @ Racetronix, sold the hotwire kit locally (need to update my sig)... I think that I could just get a second pump and do the swap for the 242s... I assume they carry the same case.

I guess that I could get Jack to look at my car and see what can be done as far as a hotwire kit goes... and a second 340... that should be good for 8s, right? ;)

242s for now it is...

Jack if you read this PM me with some advice.