Anyone with a Turbonetics 66BB S-Trim?

WSLN 6

Powered by Murphy's Law
Jack at Cottons has one on the way for me.
Looking for real world experience and results.
I destroyed my 3 year old 70BB P-trim with a China headers exhaust gasket and thought I would give the 66 a try for fun.

Jack at Cottons has one on the way for me.
Looking for real world experience and results.
I destroyed my 3 year old 70BB P-trim with a China headers exhaust gasket and thought I would give the 66 a try for fun.

I just used one. I had a buddy recommend it to me, as SEVERAL of his friends use them. It is a very nice, capable turbo. It is a little slower to spool in BB for than I thought it would be. (which I was warned, but I am hard headed)
But, I don`t think you would be disappointed with it. If you are used to a 70 this should be the ticket for you.

I thought it was bigger, the same size and the HPQ.
Please don't quote me though!

I have a 66Q BB. It works well with a 3200 stall. NOt much gain over a p-trim till you are making over 600hp. I am up about 3.5mph vs the p-trim at 24 psi.

Im also waiting on a 66 from Jack. Shouldnt be much longer. The turbo ran great on my car, and i have a 3000 stall L/U.

how well does the 66BB P trim spool on a 3200 and stock motored car? Similar to a old school 63?

Turbonetics S trim is a Q-trim wheel.

I have the 72 bb s-trim. replaced my 70 standard q-trim. Spools faster and hits harder. Now I wish I would have gone with a 76. Oh well.

how well does the 66BB P trim spool on a 3200 and stock motored car? Similar to a old school 63?
What do you mean stock motored? Wit the stuff in my sig and a 72 p-trim BB it spooled very fast.

Can't say with a 3200...but with a stock convertor its pretty dismal down low...ask me a I know =) I did kinda know that going in though...

I was planning on going ported heads and cam next but I'll be redoing the transmission next (pretty sure I've burned my stock band up at a minium) and will most likely be going to a 3200 convertor while its out. I'll let you know what it does, It will most likely be a couple of weeks before that happens.

I think it would spool ok as ong as the converter was right. It will take a lot of boost to run more mph than you already have. Like high 20's low 30's. Heads/ cam are a much better option and will increase reliability when trying to attain high mph.

I am not expecting to go any faster. I already bought the 66BB P trim. I just wanted some last words of advice before I put it on. :biggrin: The 63E has treated me well. I would like it to spool faster. So as long as the 66BB spools faster and the car go just as fast I will be happy.

Thanks for the input.