Anyone running the Billet 6466 yet?

pronto,im not sure if there is an advantage at this point. i figured why have any potential backpressure issues,as the ptc will spool both 65/68 turbine wheels. tnetics says this wheel will make 35-40psi of boost.i think for most applications the 65 wheel will be more than plenty and will allow flexability in the converter area and ex housing selection depending on boost.23psi is flashing the 9.5 to 5500.

I highly doubt I would purposely run 35lbs of boost.:eek: I could see at those levels backpressure could be an issue.

im sure not the only issue lol.on my car previously i ran a 62/65 with a cast wheel up to 25 psi and this 64 billet/68 has gone faster at 19psi.

Did you run the cast 62/65 with the same combo as the billet? How did that perform?

Mr.Spool said:
im sure not the only issue lol.on my car previously i ran a 62/65 with a cast wheel up to 25 psi and this 64 billet/68 has gone faster at 19psi.

Was it a 62-1 wheel? I don't think its even 62mm. I don't see that going much more than 10.40 on a really good engine. It peaked around 2.2-2.3:1 PR. It's a totally different wheel type and not even close in mass flow potential than the 62cea. 5500@23psi is strong unless the converter has a different pump or had some air in it. My ptc only flashed to 5300@25psi and a the car trapped around 140mph@3500+

bison that makes me feel better as i was expecting more out of the 62 cast at 25psi.i have heard 10.40's 127+ on that wheel so your guess of 10.4 would be right on.i didnt have a hot tune on the 62 so i knew there was plenty left but this 64 billet at 18 timing and low boost really did a number on my drivetrain.140 would make me really happy hope to get there some day in a buick.ive had this turbo up to 28psi and it was quite a ride.hope to get some numbers soon.

Mr.Spool said:
bison that makes me feel better as i was expecting more out of the 62 cast at 25psi.i have heard 10.40's 127+ on that wheel so your guess of 10.4 would be right on.i didnt have a hot tune on the 62 so i knew there was plenty left but this 64 billet at 18 timing and low boost really did a number on my drivetrain.140 would make me really happy hope to get there some day in a buick.ive had this turbo up to 28psi and it was quite a ride.hope to get some numbers soon.

The 60-1 and 62-1 wheels are good wheels for a mildly cammed engine that runs 25psi or less on alky. They are not pressure wheels and getting over 65lbs/min out of either is a chore. Ive gone 128mph on the 60-1 with a p trim on a junk engjne that required higher than optimal boost for the wheel so it still gets it done. To get the most out them you need to build an engine that will run some rpm and keep the boost on the low 20's. Trying to run high pressure ratios will typically cause flow limitations on those wheels. The 62cea is good for 78lbs/min@2.7:1 PR so it's a nasty little wheel. Id expect the 64 to go to 85 lbs/min or slightly more and I'd bet $ that it's happiest around 3:1 PR. So if you are still in the low 20's boost you will pick up huge around 30psi. The 68f1 is good to 95lbs/min at least on the right engine. JW has taken that turbine very far.

pronto the combo's were almost the same but i was running a 10.5 lockup on the 62,the billet 64 has the 9.5 nl.both were 3200 but the 9.5 ptc nl flashes much higher.

good info bison.i want 30 psi,im on 60lb injectors and a good pump with a volt booster,m10 m15,at 150 psi 50 on the rail,rich afr in the high 9's.thought i might be low on injector.

good info bison.i want 30 psi,im on 60lb injectors and a good pump with a volt booster,m10 m15,at 150 psi 50 on the rail,rich afr in the high 9's.thought i might be low on injector.
cutting it close on injector but if you start at 50psi base and the pumps can keep up at 80psi you should be covered

pronto the combo's were almost the same but i was running a 10.5 lockup on the 62,the billet 64 has the 9.5 nl.both were 3200 but the 9.5 ptc nl flashes much higher.
It flashes higher because its making a lot more power. Chances are it would flash less than the 10.5" under the same load.