Anyone rewired from scratch?

lxmodguy

I was thinking about modernizing the wiring in my car with the infinity box wiring system. Anyone ever done this before? While I'm completely capable of wiring just about anything, I'm just not familiar enough with the GN to know what I'm getting myself into. I've wired cars from scratch before without issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I didn't do it but Nick micale had one of his guys wire my car.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

There's plenty of engine/interior harnesses around for sale if your having issues with wiring.

I'm talking the whole car. What's the point of replacing 30 year old Tech with 30 year old Tech? I wanna ditch the vacuum actuated AC, the powermaster brakes, the filament bulbs for LED.....all of it. Wire the whole thing with relays and ground triggers. Am I insane?

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

.. ...... I've wired cars from scratch before without issue..../QUOTE]

Certainly you are not "insne" any more than I am! :)

We have re-wired a few turbo Buicks with a custom harness including the one for Boost231.

This is not a cheap venture, but it will update the car into 21st century technology especially with a new, modern computer/ECM.

Eliminating the fuse block with a relay bank and circuit breakers simplifies the wiring, and is more reliable like you probably know.

On some builds, we have used a multi-pin connector [w/50 wire capable] on the firewall for the entire engine wiring harness which allows the engine to be removed with its wiring intact!

Have at it! Take lots of pictures.