Anyone interested in HA Performance headers?

Hot Air performance headers / System

• What the heck is a Hot Air?

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • I am interested in PS header only, SS

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • I am interested in complete header set, SS

Votes: 30 50.0%
  • Heck build me complete set-up! :D

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
my god those look nice. i wish complete header setup like that was available for under a grand:frown:

Jay,
Looks GREAT!
What is the header sale cost?

With downpipe and external gate, around $3200 for everything. Stainless headers, stainless downpipe and a good external gate.

Im happy with how they're shaping up. After we finish those, we'll finish up that intake then the fun really starts.

Project hot air

Why 100 people?:cool:...ILL take 2 sets.:cool:One for now and one for later in case they never get made again or i get another car?

Ive had this 85 since new so i didnt buy it because it was a better deal.it was what was availiable.

Now that im wanting to add parts its like a treasure hunt.

Ive been getting great information on what is availiable but i dont see why its so hard to get headers? Is the drivers side the same on 84-87 ?

If so can a aftermarket kit be bought for an 87 use the driver side as is then MODIFY the passenger side to something that can be used on a hotair.

Everyone wants stuff till you actually spend the time developing it then no one wants it. Case in point, the twin turbo kit we did that we sold 0 of.

Jay, believe me, If I had 3200, or 5K, I would have either your TT set-up or that header set-up!!! Soone enough I will have my finances in order to finish up the 84T and get it running like it should, then the fun starts! until then, wish list after wish list.

What I want to find is an exact replica of the twin turbo set-up from the riv pace car... We've all seen those pix from the brochure, but I want that exact motor and computer!!! It looks amazing, and mustuv been a beast! what a site to see!

John:biggrin:

If so can a aftermarket kit be bought for an 87 use the driver side as is then MODIFY the passenger side to something that can be used on a hotair.

Yes, you can modify a set of IC headers if you want. I'm waiting on a set to get here so I can do just that. Click on the second link in my sig and subscribe to it. When I get to the down pipe and header I'll either post it in the thread or at least a link to the next project I start.

Headers

Everyone wants stuff till you actually spend the time developing it then no one wants it. Case in point, the twin turbo kit we did that we sold 0 of.

While these headers are indeed a piece of work the fact of the matter is that price drives the market. And no reasonable person would invest 3200.00 (which in most cases is 75% or 100% what the car may have cost itself) in a set of aftermarket headers, it's just not cost effective. So while there may be a market for such a product ( obviously your making them for someone) most can not stomach such a hight price item. In a H.P. per dollar equation it's just not logical. Mass production brings down cost and if they could be sold in the neigborhood of maybe 900-1000.00 they would sell like hot cakes. Because then the would be in the reach of the average consumer.

Mass production brings down cost and if they could be sold in the neigborhood of maybe 900-1000.00 they would sell like hot cakes. Because then the would be in the reach of the average consumer.

ATR had stainless hotair headers/downpipe on the shelves for years right around that price point.

I know of ONE member on this board that bought a set. ATR stopped making them and nobody cared.:confused: Then they stopped making everything.:eek:

While these headers are indeed a piece of work the fact of the matter is that price drives the market. And no reasonable person would invest 3200.00 (which in most cases is 75% or 100% what the car may have cost itself) in a set of aftermarket headers, it's just not cost effective. So while there may be a market for such a product ( obviously your making them for someone) most can not stomach such a hight price item. In a H.P. per dollar equation it's just not logical. Mass production brings down cost and if they could be sold in the neigborhood of maybe 900-1000.00 they would sell like hot cakes. Because then the would be in the reach of the average consumer.

Well, when you guys get together and decide you want to buy 50 sets and are all willing to pay up front and wait for production, Ill do a production run. Im not sinking any of our money into something that will A) Get copied almost immediatley and B) Probably not sell 5 sets.

Well, when you guys get together and decide you want to buy 50 sets and are all willing to pay up front and wait for production, Ill do a production run. Im not sinking any of our money into something that will A) Get copied almost immediatley and B) Probably not sell 5 sets.

well the chinese needs to get on with the copying.

I really want a set.

A.j.

Headers

ATR had stainless hotair headers/downpipe on the shelves for years right around that price point.

I know of ONE member on this board that bought a set. ATR stopped making them and nobody cared.:confused: Then they stopped making everything.:eek:

WFO you're right!! But I happen to have 2 sets of ATR's, 1 set of Hookers, 1 Poston passenger side and now 1 set of Lee Thompsons. I also have 2 Lee Thompson Downpipes, 1 ATR, and one Mease. But I understand your statement, Turbo Buick owners in particular are the most picky of all.

WFO you're right!! But I happen to have 2 sets of ATR's, 1 set of Hookers, 1 Poston passenger side and now 1 set of Lee Thompsons. I also have 2 Lee Thompson Downpipes, 1 ATR, and one Mease. But I understand your statement, Turbo Buick owners in particular are the most picky of all.

I think instead of picky, the word you're looking for is cheap. Thats why so many people selling Chinese knockoffs are enjoying brisk sales. No one is interested in supporting the innovators, instead, they wait until someone knocks the product off and offers it for less and buy subpar products made overseas and then complain when it doesn't fit or work correctly.

Damn.

You must have the two other sets they sold.;)

I bought my Lee Thompson headers/DP used off "the list" before Licht started this website.

The ATRs looked nice (like most of their stuff did) but I remember the set I saw (think his name was Chris) were starting to crack on the top of the passenger side.

Think he ran 117mph that day tho, with one of the first Turbomotion intakes, and the only one I remember running worth a ****.

I think instead of picky, the word you're looking for is cheap.

Yup Turbo Buick owners are cheap, and hotair owners are the cheapest of the cheap.:D

I still think if you just produced the passenger header and uppipe that worked in conjuction with the stock driver's side and crossover they'd sell.:confused:

If you think the HA guys are cheap then you need to come to the B4Black section and do some reading. We make you guys look like millionares.

Yup Turbo Buick owners are cheap, and hotair owners are the cheapest of the cheap.:D

i can't speak for other hotair owners, but the best word to describe me is "broke".
i think, just for fun, i'm gonna get me a bunch of mandrel bends and make my own up and down pipes- and maybe some headers, too, since i want to build a 4.1 with the newer style heads on it. yeah, it looks crowded in there, but nothing worth doing is ever easy and when it's all done, i can point at it and say "i made that".

$3200 dosent seem to bad..... Im running a set of the Kenny Bell hot air headers. I purchased @20 years ago. they are mild steel and were $900 then. there still not cracked. Ive also never seen another set. they resemble the ATR headers and use the same aircraft clamps as yours have. A good set of headers is WELL worth every penny. After this time mine have the red coloring and no "rust". not bad considering the stockers only lasted 5 years....those look GOOD;)