Antenna wire routing thru firewall ?

sshoureas

Anyone know where the antenna coax wire passes thru the firewall and into the passenger compartment? I damaged my antenna wire and found a new but now don't see where it routes into the passenger compartment and to the radio. Thanks!

IIRC it goes through the door jamb area. It can be seen with the passenger door open.

RemoveBeforeFlight

IIRC it goes through the door jamb area. It can be seen with the passenger door open.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Hmmm, I looked and I don't see it. Any better location info in case I'm looking in the wrong area? When I found the new antenna wire I thought I was home free :)

Hmmm, I looked and I don't see it. Any better location info in case I'm looking in the wrong area? When I found the new antenna wire I thought I was home free :)

Reviving an old thread with the same question. I recently pulled a power antenna from a Firebird to replace mine that died years ago (I still remember tossing it in the trash).

Antenna install went well, but I can't figure out where to run the wires (coax & power). I ran everything into the engine compartment, but can't figure out where to go from here. I didn't see anything in the door jamb except the rubber accordian looking thing that contains power window/door lock wiring.

I picture of existing wiring would really he helpful since mine is completely gone.

Mine comes out of the fender by the ac box and into a rubber grommet then goes behind the glove box and all the other crap under the dash over to the radio. Its really hard to get to. I was switching fenders so i decideded to fix my antenna also. It wasnt a particularly hard job, just very tedious to slide on fender while pushing antenna wire thru grommet while trying to also line up the fender with no help. Fun!!

Picture that shows where it is within the door jamb area. This is a '87 Regal. Years ago I pulled a fixed antenna out of of JY Regal ('84 - '85?) and it was in the same location:

AntennaCable_2513a.jpg

RemoveBeforeFlight

Picture that shows where it is within the door jamb area. This is a '87 Regal. Years ago I pulled a fixed antenna out of of JY Regal ('84 - '85?) and it was in the same location:

View attachment 300627

RemoveBeforeFlight

That is exactly what I needed. Not really sure how I am going to get things in there, but I'm sure I will figure something out.

THANK YOU!