Another Shout Out- TurboTweek!

Thomas G. Tew

They are the best. Ive had this GN since 1988. Ive tried every latest and greatest chip that came down the pike...
But the chip I got from TurboTweek is the very BEST, Sweetest running in ALL modes of ANY Chip Ive ever seen or used. You turned my GN into the beast Ive always thought it could be. Thanks Again!

I have to agree with that! Eric provides the best service and support we could hope for. We're very fortunate to have such a fantastic resource.

I have to agree with that! Eric provides the best service and support we could hope for. We're very fortunate to have such a fantastic resource.
Yes we are very fortunate. Years ago, when I first got this GN, there was a company called ATR that sold chips and other Go Fast Goodies for Turbo Buicks. I don't even know if theyre still in business or not. But I got a little fun money a couple years back and had some larger injectors installed. I just recently got her back on the road and sent Eric the numbers on the injectors, what fuel I was running,, and Magic!!!,, this neat lil box showed up. I plugged her in after some cosmetic work and MAN, this sucker would pull stronger than Ever! I was a happy ol Fart! Im turning 64 this July, and having spent most of my early years in Drag Racing with my Dad, Ronnie Sox, Gene Hinson; I was blown away when I found out what this boosted six would do. I had a 67' 396 SS Chevelle. pMy Dad built it even stronger to about 435 hp and I thought I was bad. This Black Beauty let me know that those ol muscle cars, factory at least, didn't hold a light to that turbo six. Anyway, sorry about the rambling.... Thanks to TurboTweek and thanks to the mods on this forum. Great place to learn about these turbo babies.

Yes we are very fortunate. Years ago, when I first got this GN, there was a company called ATR that sold chips and other Go Fast Goodies for Turbo Buicks. I don't even know if theyre still in business or not. But I got a little fun money a couple years back and had some larger injectors installed. I just recently got her back on the road and sent Eric the numbers on the injectors, what fuel I was running,, and Magic!!!,, this neat lil box showed up. I plugged her in after some cosmetic work and MAN, this sucker would pull stronger than Ever! I was a happy ol Fart! Im turning 64 this July, and having spent most of my early years in Drag Racing with my Dad, Ronnie Sox, Gene Hinson; I was blown away when I found out what this boosted six would do. I had a 67' 396 SS Chevelle. pMy Dad built it even stronger to about 435 hp and I thought I was bad. This Black Beauty let me know that those ol muscle cars, factory at least, didn't hold a light to that turbo six. Anyway, sorry about the rambling.... Thanks to TurboTweek and thanks to the mods on this forum. Great place to learn about these turbo babies.
BTW, In 1999, on my Dad's 75th birthday, I took him to Dunn-Benson Dragway here near my home. Ronnie Sox was doing some exhibition runs that night. He and my Dad got back together after not racing each other since the late 50's early 60's and talked about old times. Next thing I knew Dad was asking for my keys and he and Ronnie went over, got my GN, (without asking! LOL) and put her on the starting line. As it was staging I looked and Ronnie was driving and Dad was in the passenger seat! I don't remember the speed, but he did 12.52 with my GN which at the time had very little done to it. (no Cat conv,, pit bull chip, 160 thermostat, Walker mufflers...) He drove back into the pits and those two ol farts had the biggest grins on their face!
He parked it next to his hauler, got out and said, "Little Tom, if your old man had gotten the factory backing I got, He would have been National Champion... He and that red 57 chevy were the the only thing I was afraid of when Id come to Easy Street. " (Name of one of the earliest drag strips in eastern NC.) I swelled up with pride. And on the way home, my Dad said that this was the best birthday he'd ever had. Now theyre both up there I'm sure still talking about Easy Street...

Great story. Thanks for sharing! I bet Sox could have gotten your car into the tens if you left it with him for a couple of months. :)