...and then there was GNX #548

1 of 1ns will always generate hate.
What other TR gets close to having a story like this one?
V8 T Types 440 something of the same story
Gnx 548 with 547 of the same story
and so on.

Sometime a story means a lot to the value of a car. This I believe is one of those times. A few years from now this and X-ray may have more value than most GNX ? My opinion only.

for an ILLEGAL
I just read most all this thread. I gotta say it was very interesting...right up until the insults and other childish bullshit started.
One question...Is the OP's pic in post #1 the car being updated by bdasv6?

My other observation is this...the guys who insist on throwing out insults and bullshit need to just go away.
When Rick Hunt...X-RAY told the story...it was obvious that it was a "non registered GNX". Sorry but if it went down the line...recieved the items...and was assembled by the same hands...it is as authentic as the others, but was without papers. So be it. A "CLONE" is built by someone other then the original builder/builders. If it is not a real GM authorized build...it is a real ACS build...and there is no way to say it is not. The paperwork is the only thing missing.
If I have a Mustang built at Carroll Shelby's shop, by Carroll Shelby's workers, using Carroll Shelby's parts, but NOT with FORDS blessing...is it not a Shelby? Now if I took a Mustang and built it in MY garage, using parts off of a different car, and assembled by my friends...and it looks EXACTLY correct...sorry but its a CLONE.
You can bitch and rant and rave all you want , but this car is non-registered or non-commissioned at best...BUT it is "real". Those GNX parts are REAL. They are not repops, they were never put on a commissioned GNX and removed, and they were assembled in the Holy Church of GNX's....argue all you want.
It is NOT a CLONE. It may not be counted, but its NOT fake.
If the GNX registry or a hundred GNX owners were posting on your side...then we all may take a different point of view, but my opinion is to just be glad that someone is keeping all these items together and not parting them out. To have all the items still on the same car means much more then seeing a piece here and a piece there...especially since it really has a back story... seconded from the most credible GNX source this forum has.

This will be debated for the entire life of this car...but I'm glad its still around to be debated.

call it whatever makes you feel happy and go for a drive.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I think the car is bad ass! Honestly, the car with such cool history it went down the line one late night got all the goodies but was never documented in writing is awesome. It's like a special forces or delta operator. They take care of business secretely and after the fact they dont exist they let the Seals take credit for any special ops.

Value wise? Worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it but it could be worth more one day for the excitment of a car that went down a production line and was never documented thats pretty f'in cool if you ask me.

As far as some of the childish behavior on here seems like envy and jealousy more than anything. Shoot someone else's shit down is the motto for the hater's.

I think the car is bad ass! Honestly, the car with such cool history it went down the line one late night got all the goodies but was never documented in writing is awesome. It's like a special forces or delta operator. They take care of business secretely and after the fact they dont exist they let the Seals take credit for any special ops.

Value wise? Worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it but it could be worth more one day for the excitment of a car that went down a production line and was never documented thats pretty f'in cool if you ask me.

As far as some of the childish behavior on here seems like envy and jealousy more than anything. Shoot someone else's shit down is the motto for the hater's.
Well said...

As much as I WANT to call 548 a GNX, I don't think I could. 'cause as we all know they only make the GNX in '87, and this car is an '85 after all. If this car was an '87 and 'went down the line' I think I could call it a 'non-commissioned' GNX.

As it is, I'm comfortable calling it a good 're-creation'..

Last edited:
I think it's a cool story and if I ever see the car in person I'd be sure to take a closer look! An after hours build is just a really cool story. Lots of things like this happen, but maybe not to the extent of the car in this story. It would have been fun as hell to be there during the build! I work at an assembly plant and many cars have been brought in for some work over the years.
KID

Very cool story. I wonder how many people really knew he was going to sneak it down the line beforehand.
That guys got balls. I wonder what story he told the line workers to get the job done.
Since it was run down the line in amongst the other GNX's, maybe GNX 442 1/2 would be more fitting as GNX 548 would suggest it was run down the line after the GNX production had ceased.
I can't wait for more updates and photos.

Just curious. Did you ever pay Buick for all those expensive parts you had installed on your personal vehicle ?

Are you asking me this question?

Wrong fellow, sorry. I have nothing but a mere very, very low optioned, 87 Turbo Regal. Yet I am quite proud of it.........

Attachments

• 193.JPG
    193.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 27
Are you asking me this question?

Wrong fellow, sorry. I have nothing but a mere very, very low optioned, 87 Turbo Regal. Yet I am quite proud of it.........
No, not you. You have a nice vehicle to be proud, for sure

I was wondering about x-ray, or whomever was the person with the car that went down the line at asc.