Aluminum heads on the street & smog:

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
How do aluminum heads fare regarding Kalifornia's smog test?
Specifically: the sniffer test? Anybody local busted on visual for aluminum heads during the smog test? Champion GN1's, big valves, Champion matchported & polished inta ke with the EGR not milled down & filled, ( EGR still working)?
Anybody know if Champion will do an intake but leave the EGR alone? Righ now my car is bone boring stock, but i would like everybody's opinion on the above with stock turbo, THDP, TH high flow 2 way cat, Hooker cat-back, aerochambers, Walbro 307 & hotwired, and maybe a chip. Stock injectors, stock intercooler, Will this work at all?

I was under the impression the aluminum GN1s don't have the exhaust port provisions for EGR function. Therefore, the EGR will not physically function. The valve will lift, but the exhaust gases will not dilute the intake charge (due to lack of EGR exhaust port). So, it will just be cosmetic. Aluminum heads run cooler, therefore you may not encounter a NOx issue, but the three-way-cat must be working really well. As for being legal, no it's not.