Alky nozzle placement question

Turbo6Smackdown

I was contemplating a twin nozzle setup screwed into the intercooler for stealth but I keep reading about siphoning when the nozzles are lower than the tank. So lets talk about the vac block on top of the TB. How does that get massive vacuum? Air's running across the ports... so how does that NOT happen to the nozzle when your alky nozzle is in the up-pipe??? It sucks from the holes in the top of the TB but NOT when the air runs across your alky nozzle? How...

At idle or cruise there is vacuum after the throttle blade
Before the throttle blade there is no measurable vacuum. Don't confuse airflow or the feeling of suction with actual vacuum.

stealth .... have to la\ugh when i hear this .. who are you hiding it from
no one but a buick guy knows what under the hood should have or look like

put the nozzle where it works

duals on a 61 is too much

stealth .... have to la\ugh when i hear this .. who are you hiding it from
no one but a buick guy knows what under the hood should have or look like

put the nozzle where it works

duals on a 61 is too much

Who am I hiding it from? People that race for money... and those people do their homework. I race where this car was the most prevalent in it's lifetime :( And when placed properly yes, dual nozzles is too much for a 61 but when I was thinking how much more ineffective they'd be, I thought that maybe an extra nozzle might make up for the loss from them being a lot further away from the normal install point.

so you want to cheat ..correct

yeah i'm done with you and this thread
ignored

put the alky in plain sight with a big alky control sticker on it and hide the nitrous.

honestly ,do these people expect you to have a 14second car or are you trying to race 14 second cars?

Cheat? Huh? There's no rule book man lol. EVERYONE hides their cars. Most never even pop their hoods because they don't want anyone seeing what they have. I just pop mine because I like to let my heat out to slow the onset of heat soak. You run what you brung and we all know it. The only hints you get is the sound of the engine/exhaust, the tires, and basically anything else you can see from the outside and that's that. It's an agreed rule. Been going on this way for DECADES. Why do you think a lot of people here don't have signatures? Same reason; the competition comes to hang out to read and get smart. It's just playing poker is all it is. You ALWAYS hide what you have - it's not cheating.

put the alky in plain sight with a big alky control sticker on it and hide the nitrous.

honestly, do these people expect you to have a 14 second car or are you trying to race 14 second cars?

Everyone pretty much knows there's no slower cars that show up. And even if there is you have to assume they're an 11 second or faster car since it's soo easy nowadays. Even if an older civic shows up and you think he's full of it you can't assume. Everyone respects the competition because noone knows shit about the other's cars. Been goin on that way for years. It's playing poker is all it is. You bet your build and your skill and your choice of tires/launch rpm etc etc against his. If you lose, you learn how to refine your estimation skills, and you learn a little respect at the same time.

Plus I just love a totally factory car as well. They look nicer to me.

Last edited:
If you want to hide the alky injection make a system of spray nozzles in the manifold directed at each runner. Don Wang had some pics of a system he made.

They are inside the intake manifold. Nothing external except the feed line which can be hidden.

I looked into using a N2O spray bar, drilled for spraying at a chosen angle/location.. The N2O bars have a removable pill in the hose end, that could be used to control the volume. W/ the progressive controllers, that might work well.
U could drill it from the back of the intake, and support the ft end in a blind hole in the ft.
With some testing, plug reading, etc, one could "adjust" the flow at the various cyls, w/ different hole diameters.

There used to be a N2O kit that had inj spacers to plumb N2O in..Might be too obvious for those w/ "stealth" on their mind.o_O