Albertans please help

tracer

INOV8
I have started a dialogue with Husky Oil in Alberta, soliciting them to bring 94 octane ethanol blend to the pumps. They have this product but do not supply it here. Anyone interested in supporting this initiative please respond. TIA

Wow,

That would be nice. What are the chances of this actually happening, and where would it be available?

Lemme know what you need me to do.

Tony

Dont forget me!

I just came back from BC, chevron 94 at the pumps. I was almost drooling......

I'm going to try and speak with the rep tomorrow and find out how big a lobby compaign we'd have to mount to get this going. Don't know if it would be limited to a few stations or across the province. Would be nice to tap into a few local high perf. clubs to add support if anybody has connections.

Talked to Barb Reimer today, operations manager for Husky Alberta. She was aware of the "Winnepeg" experience where local clubs and enthusiasts got together, lobbied and got the product. After talking to her I think this is definately doable in Edmonton and Calgary. 94 requires a separate tank in the station and is sold at an up charge to 92 octane (about 12 cents a litre above regular for 94). Keep in mind, 94 would only be available at select location(s).

Tanks for stations owned by Husky/Mohawk are changed out according to a pre-determined schedule. A scheduled tank change out would be the ideal time to add the 94 tank. She wasn't privy to the schedule at the time of my call and thought that location would also be a factor in deciding when and where i.e. they'd only convert in an area where there's interest in the product.

I have a contact name and address for letters to be sent, but I suspect we'll have to do better than the 3-4 people on this board. What I'm hoping for is contact info for local car clubs and some ideas about where to hang some posters etc. to get a bigger interest before making the big push.
Anybody with ideas please chime in :D

Send your written requests for 94 octane to:

Colin Sheedy
Husky Energy
707 8th Ave SW
Calgary, Alberta
T2P 3G7

A very brief note should be included, for example:

Please make 94 octane fuel available in the Edmonton area. As a car enthusiast and consumer, I would strongly support this product.

The more people who respond to Colin, the better the chances are for the 94.

The amount of Xylene needed to bump 92 octane to 94 is minimal. I know its a pain to do but so is running across the city to gas up. Just a thought.

My tranny done yet Tony? :p

True enough Dean, it only makes sense if you get several stations across the city. On the other hand, maybe I get lucky and they put it in across the street.:D All we can do is give it a shot.

Hey Dave,

94 at the pumps would be nice. Even if it was across the city I always need a good reason to go for a cruise :)

Hey Dean

Tranny ain't done, is the diff in yet?
;)

Tony

Talked to a manager at Esso by my place and asked him if Esso had higher octane anywhere in Edmonton and he said in May they will be losing the 92 and the highest they will sell is 91:(

Checked Petro-Cans web site and they have 94 juice as well - but only in Vancouver, Victoria and Montreal. Anybody know of a contact # for these guys as well. May as well bug them both.

Diff will be in tonight....hopefully. ;) Tony what's the name of that place on 17th street where we got the gas for the Nats? I think they had some high octane gas at the pump around back. Cannot remember what the guy said it was. Maybe the 105 unleaded?

I just happen to have met Colin @ husky a couple years back. I'll see if I can dig up a phone #...

I am glad to see so many local Turbo Buick guys. I will do what I can on this end. Is there an Alberta Buick Turbo Club or even a Show and Shine get together planned for this year. Just curious.

Sorry to hijack this thread.

There isn't a formal buick club in edmonton, but there is a pretty large group of us that all hang out together. We plan to go to the track as mush as possible this summer, cruises, etc.

There is usually a meet planned each june in sylvan lake, some people in calgary organize that deal.

We'll have to plan a few get togethers for the edmonton area this summer. Hopefully we can get some turbo 6 owners out of the woodwork :)

If anyone is interested drop me an e-mail at turbotony@shaw.ca

Now back to our regularly scheduled octane thread.

Sorry Dave.

Tony

Tony what's the name of that place on 17th street

That was AFD fuel distributors.

They sell 110 and 118 out of the pumps there.

Only problem is they close at 5 on fridays. You have to plan ahead if you want it for the weekend.

Thats why I keep a stockpile at home ;)

Hmmm, maybe time for a drum....

Tony

Sorry guys, the show at Sylvan is cancelled. The Town wanted us to carry insurance on the event, looked like it would cost $6-800 so Jamie very politely told them to stick it.

GN club in Calgary gets together all the time, don't know about anyone else. Hope to make an appearance at Budpark this year, too.

I'm all for any station suppling 94. That should put me at about 24 psi with alky...heh heh heh:D . We'll try to spread the word around, lot of gearheads here.