advice on reassembly of turbo exh hsg after ceramic coating?

1KWIKSIX

Just getting around to assembling my new DBB 5857. Got the exhaust housing thermally coated with black satin XMC coating by Fireball Performance Coatings. Supposed to be good to 2,000deg F.

I'm looking for advice on what to do to prep this for assembly.
Aluminum Oxide was used to blast the exh hsg and all openings were taped up.

However, I'd like to use some compressed air for a quick blow (to make sure there's no leftover media inside) and also give it a bath in something & give it a good scrub with a brush to ensure all internals are clean & good to go before assembly.

Any suggestions on what to use....gasoline? Varsol, turpentine? MEK? Acetone? or ????

thanks,

dave

Did they do the center as well Dave? If not I wouldn't worry about it that much. rmar (Ronnie Martin) did mine and I haven't reassembled yet, but I know he taped all of the right openings off and cleaned it after wards. I don't have an issues putting it back together as it is. :smile:

Dave,

Just blow it out well, and check the bolt holes. Sometimes the media can pack down inside them.
If you get the acetone/mek on it , it will stain it. and depending on how well it was cured it could soften the coating.

If you rub your finger inside the housing you should be able to tell it it has been or is clean.

There is no prep other than to be sure none of the coating is in the ex outlet. You bolt it on and put it on your engine.

Thanks for your replies Gentlemen.

Will give it a good blow with air to be sure before assembly.

thanks again.

dave