Advice HID kit

This would be best in the general turbo tech section.
Your best bet is to get the bulb size/ style that fits your aftermarket headlight housings as the stock ones are sealed. I believe most are H4 bulbs, at least my Hella aftermarket headlight housings are, for the '86 anyway.

HID lights in a standard reflector housing is a bad idea in my opinion, I've done it. Factory reflector housings aren't designed for the volume of light produced by a HID bulb and you'll get lots of light scattering, which will look like you have your high beams on all the time to other drivers.

Some factory cars have had reflector housings (a few Escalades) with HID bulbs, but they were designed for them. I would go with an off the shelf bulb like sylvania, or switch to a quality projector. However, projectors being round don't fit g bodys the best.

Just my .02 and depends on how often you drive it.

I am now running Hella E-Codes and H4 LED bulbs. Maintains factory look yet incredible lighting. The
bulbs have their own cutoff pattern so no glare to on coming cars.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/H4-HB2-900...ash=item33d6fb0ee2:g:KJcAAOSwlRZZwN9u&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/H4-Headlig...ash=item41d5ce9f21:g:xF0AAOSws5BaTu8u&vxp=mtr

Can you provide any pictures of this on the car with the lights on? It sounds like an awesome, cost-effective set up. I have been debating updating some more lighting on the car since I've switched out most of my bulbs already for LEDs. I want to keep the car as stock appearing as possible for shows and some of these LED assemblies I have seen take away from the stock look.

Can you provide any pictures of this on the car with the lights on? It sounds like an awesome, cost-effective set up. I have been debating updating some more lighting on the car since I've switched out most of my bulbs already for LEDs. I want to keep the car as stock appearing as possible for shows and some of these LED assemblies I have seen take away from the stock look.
I will try and get a pic tonight.

I just put mine in yesterday. Bought the items linked above off Ebay. The sellers were a bit slow to ship (took a week before they even went in the mail) but here's the result.

These suckers are bright. The enclosures are glass, not plastic. So they shouldn't melt or catch fire like some of the other setups I've seen, and it would take a trained eye to realize they weren't the regular sealed beam lights. The enclosures come with H4 halogen bulbs, but I went ahead and got the LEDs too.

I'm happy so far, but I haven't driven it at night yet.
IMG_0874.JPG

I prefer the LED's over the HIDs. I bit less heat and pure white. You really cant go wrong with either.

Damn! That thing is throwing some lumens out. Well...add another thing to the list this spring.

Looks awesome.

Damn! That thing is throwing some lumens out. Well...add another thing to the list this spring.

Looks awesome.

Yeah, I had to mess with the exposure on the iPhone to even get that shot. They were washing the auto-exposure out so bad you couldn't see the car.

I just put mine in yesterday. Bought the items linked above off Ebay. The sellers were a bit slow to ship (took a week before they even went in the mail) but here's the result.

These suckers are bright. The enclosures are glass, not plastic. So they shouldn't melt or catch fire like some of the other setups I've seen, and it would take a trained eye to realize they weren't the regular sealed beam lights. The enclosures come with H4 halogen bulbs, but I went ahead and got the LEDs too.

I'm happy so far, but I haven't driven it at night yet.
View attachment 316123
Are they plug n play and do you need any kind of upgraded wiring harness? They look nice!

Are they plug n play and do you need any kind of upgraded wiring harness? They look nice!

Plug and play, though if you get the LEDs, there's a voltage regulator you'll have to mount somewhere. But no changes to the wiring.

Plug and play, though if you get the LEDs, there's a voltage regulator you'll have to mount somewhere. But no changes to the wiring.

Did you buy the resistors canbus devoder part as well? $9 for the pair

Our just they lights?