Adjusting throttle cable?

tazgn

I haven't actually looked yet, but is there a way of adjusting the throttle cable? Even with the floor mat out of the car I'm about 1/4-1/2" from actually opening the throttle to full throttle when I press the pedal to the floor. I have this play (or adjustability) in the pedal if I pull the pedal towad the drivers seat (in other words the 'slop' in the pedal travel). Just wondering if there is a way to adjust this, or do I out some type of spacer on the cable down by the pedal (if that is even possible).

Derrick

I think you are on to the technique. :)

Look at the end of the cable under the pedal. Usually, the cable stretches and is too long. You can usually make a spacer using a tie wrap that you pull around the cable end to take up the space resulting from the cable stretching. Then the cable will move the tb blade arm as soon as the pedal is moved.

Thank You Steve. I'm going to try it this weekend as I have to get under the dash anyways for other things...:rolleyes:

Derrick

Be sure to start with a "small" tie and see how tht goes. That may be all it takes. It isn't FUN to do though! (standing on your head in your driver's seat is about the size of it!)

Jay, when you get old like me, you will find all kind of things you can do while laying there because it takes so much effort to pull yourself out.

Well, all I can say is you know your getting there when you roll under the car to service the tranny and dose off while your waiting for it to drain ;)

:cool:

Hey, God made that shade for a purpose...

I pulled the tank on my Elky one day without lifting the car much...thought it was nearly empty....it was half full....it was laying on me and I was trying to squirm out from under it because I could not slide out with it on me because the tail end was not high enuf to make clearance...they said I looked like a beached whale trying to kick out from under it......I would have taken a nap to think about it but my eyes were full of of the dirt that came loose when the tank came loose....last time that happened to me, it was a turbo 400 that was laying on me....I don't learn easily.

Hey, Jay, you write young! :)