access to governor to check spring

rcantu

I have a shift problem at WOT and from searching I don't think it's my tv cable or a stuck valve. So now I want to do the check on the spring.

do i have to drop the pan? some searching says no but I don't even know where to look.

if anybody has pics where it is that would be a big help. trying to avoid a big mess if i have to.

thanks

have to drop the pan .. gov is in the back held in with 4-13mm bolts ..if it threw a spring it MAYBE in the pan. good luck with the tranny bath :eek: :cool:

I have a shift problem at WOT and from searching I don't think it's my tv cable or a stuck valve. So now I want to do the check on the spring.

do i have to drop the pan? some searching says no but I don't even know where to look.

if anybody has pics where it is that would be a big help. trying to avoid a big mess if i have to.

thanks

Post all the mods you have done to the tranny and explain your WOT problem.

Post all the mods you have done to the tranny and explain your WOT problem.

i bought the car from the original owner and he said it was rebuilt with "high performance parts", kenne bell tc (guessing 2600 stall) and a shift kit.

i've played with the tv cable to death so I don't think it's that but i guess i should change the fluid any how. gonna suck. lol

i bought the car from the original owner and he said it was rebuilt with "high performance parts", kenne bell tc (guessing 2600 stall) and a shift kit.

i've played with the tv cable to death so I don't think it's that but i guess i should change the fluid any how. gonna suck. lol

so whats the wot problem

it won't shift until really high rpms or until i let off the gas.

well the spring was there so it's something else. i do notice that my OD and D shifter is kinda loose. could that be an issue?

it won't shift until really high rpms or until i let off the gas.

well the spring was there so it's something else. i do notice that my OD and D shifter is kinda loose. could that be an issue?
what rpm?