A Sub 1.94 second 60' time.

S

Spacelord

I just stumbled across this cool website: www.smokemup.com I just got back from the 1/8 track and ran some sweet times. I had a 1.88 sec 60' on Mickey Thompson Indy Profile S/S (after a long burnout). My prev. best was 2.25 sec (wasn't leaving with nearly enough boost). My best time was 8.35 at 81.5, and my best mph was 82.8 with an 8.38. Anyways, I was psyched, and started messing around on 'smokemup' trying to get 0-60 mph time and horsepower. Anyways, it gives average G-Forces if you input 60' time.
A 1.94 second 60' is 1.00 G's of acceleration. That means, if you're doing better than 1.94sec short-times, your car can drive 60' faster than it can free-fall 60'. I just thought that was pretty damn amazing, seeing as a lot of us here are a fair bit quicker than that. I felt it too when it hooked, it startled me, but after that I so psyched. And getting the timeslip was the icing on the cake.

fellow Mainer!!

JDD, I was at the Oxford Plains Dragway on Oct 20. You didn't happen to be the other Grand National there, did you? The 6.5 second 1/8ths that GN was clicking off consistently seem sorta in line with your 10.9 1/4.
Out of curiosity, where else is there to race up here? My first trip was to Epping NH. Great 1/4 track, but it was PACKED. I could only make a run every 45 min or so, where at Oxford I could just about run consistently. I think that was their last test and tune, but I'd like to run again if you know of anywhere closeby. Where are you at in Maine? Well, take it easy!