'91 Regal lower suspension

eka

Hey everyone,

I have a '91 Buick Regal Limited GS 3.1L (VIN T) that I would like to have lowered 2 inches. Having been owned by my grandpops, the car wasn't driven very much (just over 35,000 KM in 10 years when I got it 3 years ago - as you can tell by the "kilometers", I'm in Canada). I think it would look really sweet if the car was lowered, but more importantly, it would tighten what is a very loose ride - sometimes too loose. I do not drive the car in the winter to keep the car free of salt and rust.

I have looked into this for quite some time and cannot find any suitable suspension kits for my car. Someone suggested cutting the original springs, but I do not want to do that unless I find exact replicas to keep as spares in case I ever want to go back to stock height.

Is there a kit that isn't actually made for my car, but may actually fit it? Maybe some springs from Eibach I do not know about? Also, what am I looking at pricewise?

Thanks for your time,

Eric

Eric, what you are looking to do is not quite as easy on a 91 as it is on our older Regals.

Your 91 can be lowered in the front in a similar manner to our cars, but in the rear is a whole other animal. A fiberglass transverse mono spring. You are looking at either having to move the center mounting point or the points at each side where the spring mounts to the wheel spindle. Neither looks easy to me.

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply. Keep in mind I'm no mechanic either, so I imagine this would be quite $$$. I suppose that lowering this car isn't really an option. I did, however, find Eibach springs (model #3805.140), which are made for a '91 FWD Buick Skylark, although it's an N body. Also, I found this company Street Beat Customs that offered air suspension as a solution. Do any of those fit the bill?

Thanks for your time!

Eric

The Skylark runs a beam rear axle with coil springs. That makes the lowering process much simpler.

The rear on the 91 Regal is a multi-link independent. I am not familiar with any air bag systems for it.

The only one I saw on the site you listed was for a Roadmaster, which is the same chassis as the Impala SS. Solid rear axle and coil springs.

I don't even have air bags :eek:

So I guess there's nothing I can do... thanks anyway.