.85 housing on a 6776?

JDSfastGN

Ok I just pulled my journal bearing 6776 off tonight to send to precision to have the seals done. I have been debating back and forth whether to buy a .85 housing from them. The combo is in my sig. What kind of mph gains should I see at 25-26 psi on this setup? Is it worth the lag or will it even be very noticeable? I have a PTC 9.5 NL that stalls right at 3150-3200 on the tbrake at 0 boost. Boost is pretty instant on the current .63 housing. I guess if i don't like it I can always pull it off and re-sell it but I just wanted to get some opinions. BTW currently the car shifts right at 6000 on all shifts and in June it went 103.2 in the 1/8th mile (wasn't running 1/4 because of the awful head wind that made the car unstable up high)

For drag racing I'd run the .85. It won't matter if you adjust your launch boost and hook it. On the street the .63 is better from a low roll

Thanks bison, I think I'm gonna go ahead and try it then. Honestly most of my street runs are against high powered ls cars and cobras but I usually brake boost no matter what the roll to even the playing field. Bison have you dyno'd or tracked back to back between an .85 and .63 pte housing on a 6776 or similar turbo? Thanks
J.D.

For anybody doing a search i thought I'd update my decision. I went with an .85 and so far I am loving it. For my setup the spool on the street/footbrake/tbrake is not noticeably slower. The car is pulling very hard though. I don't know what this means but usually in the summer i subtract -10% for my wideband tracking 6.0 chip. Today I had to bump it up to 145 since it was pegging 170 at 25 psi. Hopefully it means I'm making more power and not that I'm losing an alky pump or something lol