75 Wet shot.

Performance Converters, He built it for my set up. It was a grand I believe. I dont have the part number on me. My car isnt slow to spool, Im sorry if gave that Idea. What I am wanting to do is instead of setting on the 2 step at 3400 at the limits of my foot brake, I want to be at 3k and use the spray on launch. Im not scared to break my car, thats part of learning so dont sweat that. I am more curious of the difference in 60' times leaving at a higher boost and no spray vs slightly lower on the two step and a little "bump" to get her out of the hole. I think I was at a 1.40 60' leaving at 3400, thats when I broke my engine brace. Most importantly I enjoy the different ideas and opinions of everyone here. It makes for good conversations.

Is far as damage to the engine, assuming for the sake of argument that fuel, timing, and all the varaibles are in the safe limits. I cant imagine that the nitrous will be harder on the engine at 10 to 15 psi of boost than 27 lbs at 5500rpm with no nitrous. Ultimately I guess its about cyl psi and the comparison between forced induction and nitrous.

Is far as damage to the engine, assuming for the sake of argument that fuel, timing, and all the varaibles are in the safe limits. I cant imagine that the nitrous will be harder on the engine at 10 to 15 psi of boost than 27 lbs at 5500rpm with no nitrous. Ultimately I guess its about cyl psi and the comparison between forced induction and nitrous.

Glad you cleared all that up I was worried for a second LOL. I was told that the initial hit of nitrous puts a lot of heat in the cylinder then cools down. That coupled with the boost hit is what some fear. I say go for it but I would start at 35hp pills then go up from there.

Last edited:
In all honesty you are probably about to break your car. Your sig says PTC 3300. If you have a 3300 stall, a 64mm turbo, and a healthy head and cam combo... you shouldn't be leaning on the converter much at all to launch. If it is slow to spool you may was to dig deeper into that before adding nitrous. You should post a log of your car making a pass or at least launching. I don't intend to come off rude or like a know it all. I would offer you the same advice as any friend with TR I would be stuck fixing.
Also can you give more detail on this converter, part number, a Precision Torque Converter or Performance Torque Converter?

Why would he break his car short of axles ? a 75 wet shot will probably get it in the 9's without much fuss ... I think his intentions are just to use it so he doesn't have to load the car up on the converter... This is harder on the parts then the 75 shot for spool up .. with the 75 shot it would be instant 25 psi

Nothing wrong with Spray on a Turbo 6 as long as you know how to use it ... I have customers that have sprayed TTA's into the 10's for years and not hurt a thing .. but you gotta respect
what it does and how it does it.

This was done without much effort but I could
20160725_171208.jpg
barely get it on the 2 step at 3400. I dont want to do a transbrake, I guess I am just experimenting with other ideas to get a better 60ft.

It says in an above post you went 1.4, was that without the nitrous? Thats a pretty burly launch for stock axles! How much are you looking to improve that on 275 mt's? i would spend some of your spare sheckles on axles and cclip eliminators for sure, the car is clearly hooking hard!

Im not completely sure the car doesn't already have aftermarket axles init. I bought it in boxes with alot of parts already. Im going to gut the axle and verify 1st. I will put some init if it doesnt have them. Im really not looking to improve my 60' necessarily. I want to leave at a lower rpm on the foot brake and still maintain my current time. If not improve it alittle. Mostly its something i can play with and compare rpm's launching with vs without.

Well I got the system installed. Its a zex turbo sys. I used my old alky control box put a potentiometer and 2 micro switches in it. To adjust the tr6 two step activate it and arm the nitrous. I put a 55hp jet in it and did a pull to 26 lbs of boost. It worked great. No fuel starvation and all the data looked great. Next time I go to the track ill post some comparison info.20160821_163950.jpg 20160821_163930.jpg 20160821_164016.jpg

Very nice, I have been looking into the zex controller instead of solenoid for mine. Curious to see you times now.

The controller is super nice. I had a NOS big shot on a mustang years ago and I prefer the zex controller. Its got a ground a 12v source and the tps wire. It learns the WOT voltage and your good to hook.

could you share the part number? or a link? I'm looking for a controller for mine but leaning towards a window switch.

I used a NOS Solenoids to spray my Hot Air. I have been researching the ZEX for a while and I am now SOLD... Its got a ground a 12v source and the tps wire. It learns the WOT voltage.. If the TPS is off it won't fire NOS...If the Bottle Pressure is not right, It won't fire...

Yea, I love the set up. Unfortunately I have not gotten to the track yet, my Cummins broke a compression ring coming back from getting my new axles off of DDay. Im almost done rebuilding it then I will be back on the GN. Of course I had to do head studs, bigger injectors, turbo, dual disk clutch...I just cant leave things alone. IM SICK HELP...lol

Well, I got my pull truck back together and I am back on the National. Maybe the evil genius Bob will chime in, is there any way to use the TR6 ignition to pull timing with a trigger wire. Example, when my N2O is spraying I could use the hot lead to trigger a set degree of ignition retard in the TR6. I know on the two step it will pull timing. Setting the chip for spray, and then setting it back via the PL is what Ive been doing just curious if this better mouse trap has that option or can be configured to do so.

I am sold on the zex unit too, I think I may purchase that instead. Looking forward to hearing about your results.

Yea due to my cummins issue I didnt get a chance to run the car before the track closed for the season. So come spring Ill get some info on paper. Sorry gentleman my diesel decided to ruin my fun for a couple months.

I looked into
Sorry it took so long. ZEX management unit PT#82008. Its a cool peice.
I looked into this unit but it has the solenoids built into it and I already have the nx proton kit. Similar but no tps switch for activation. I needed something with a little more control so opted for the nos 2 stage controller with shift light provision. I have a trans brake and 2 step and need my nitrous to come in after converter flash so it's set to 5200rpm and deactivate 6200rpm for shift. Works flawless!