'72 El Camino

BuickMike231

60% of the time, it works every time.
I was out cruising in the GN tonight and on the way back home. I end up catching a light with a '72 El Camino that's flat black and sitting kind of like a gasser (high front and back). Got talking with the guy driving and he complimented the GN and said it sounded good (I had the electric dump open..of course) and he mentioned he had a 408 in his car. I told him his car sounded pretty good too, and then we went to watching the light. I waiting to see what he was going to do so I didn't bother building boost (I was on Radial T/A's anyways). The light goes green and I roll out somewhat aggresively and hear him lay into it so I go to the mat as well. I end up spinning through 1st and into 2nd across the intersection side by side with him and have to let off and get back into it to get traction, at which point I get about 3/4's of a car length up on him. We stayed that way up through about 75-80 mph when we were approaching traffic ahead. I shut it down and got on the brakes, he stayed in it a second or two longer and blew by me and had to get on his brakes hard. I was taking the right turn ahead so I get into my lane and he dives three lanes over to follow me, so I'm thinking he's going to follow me into a parking lot and we can talk for a minute and check out each other's cars, but we take the turn and he does kind of a ricer flyby thing and just leaves. There was too much traffic to run again on that street so maybe he was just trying to get out of there fast!! Either way I think another person was educated on Turbo Buicks tonight!

That's what I was thinking too! I think I'm at the point where the DR's need to stay on full time now.

BuickMike231 said:
That's what I was thinking too! I think I'm at the point where the DR's need to stay on full time now.

I don't chase people down. Or look for a race. But there is a lot of times when a car looks like a racer. And no one even tries