3800 supercharged in the junkyard

LSJM1

The junkyards I go to have at least 6 series II supercharged buicks and grand prixs I usually take the injectors out of them it's funny you can't find one on craigslist for a cheap price but they are turning up in the junkyards I have never owned one I would like to eventually but in the meantime do you think It's worth it to buy up some motors I hate to see them go to waste does anybody need an extra long block to build or any other parts?

I would purchase the supercharged variety engines. They have a lot of potential and are beefy blocks.

I buy whole cars with 3800SC series 2 engines in good running order around here for $350-800 , just whittled down from 19 to a dozen cars with half of them sc cars.

the engines are stout and can take a lot of boost but they arent very easy to sell - I wouldnt go out and stock up on the engines at junkyard prices , buying cars will cost you similar and even if you just scrap the cars you end up with engines close to free - then you can make a couple bucks or save/hoard some engines without it hurting your wallet

Why are they being scrapped in the first place they are not wrecked some of them look downright decent good paint no dents interior ok

if your in the rust belt look at the rockers and rear strut towers inside the trunk they rot out and the cost to fix those items along with whatever else they may need come inspection time takes most of the 1997-2000 cars off the road

01-04's usually arent that rotten yet and super high miles cars usually dont rot out and will keep going due to all the crud being able to drop off the car on the highway instead of sit there and rot it out like on the local use cars

not in the rust belt {atlanta} no inspection required I should have taken a pic of the 2000 GTP that hit the yard while I was there last week ,complete car nothing missing motor looked clean I bet the trans was smoked does it cost more to get the trans rebuilt than a rear wheel drive ?

around here you can get one rebuilt for a grand or 2 grand if you dont know where to go lol

I sell good used ones for around $200 but if your paying someone to install it you would end up within a couple hundred of the rebuild so your better off going rebuilt.

they can be rebuilt in the car BTW by dropping the drivers side cradle and pulling the axle , lower control arm ,etc.. and removing the side cover to access the internals - this is how all the dealrship guys were trained to do it for waranty rebuilds

Does anyone have a drivers side front arm rest in great shape? Need one in tan. Mine has a tiny, tiny split that I would like to rid myself of!