338 LM

Detomaso71

Anyone shot any different models of 338 Lapua?
I'm thinking of the sako trg but would get a cheaper gun if just as accurate?
Also how much less accurate is the ar style semi auto Lapuascompated with bolt action?
Goals are extreme long range 1000 to 2200 meters

Silly comment but I find it funny that you are worried about gun price when your talking about shooting a 338 Lapua. I assume you have priced ammo for that? We sell a box of regular ammo for 20 rounds $100 and $130 for the good stuff. That is more per round than my .50 BMG
I have been thinking of getting a Rem 700 action and having it barreled in 416 Barrett. Not sure if reloading dies are available for it though and I'm sure Barret gets good money for the ammo.

Ammo is the killer for that... We have an Barrett 98 on the way if anyone is interested! Low price!

Silly comment but I find it funny that you are worried about gun price when your talking about shooting a 338 Lapua. I assume you have priced ammo for that? We sell a box of regular ammo for 20 rounds $100 and $130 for the good stuff. That is more per round than my .50 BMG
I have been thinking of getting a Rem 700 action and having it barreled in 416 Barrett. Not sure if reloading dies are available for it though and I'm sure Barret gets good money for the ammo.

Yep aware of cost.
Last 5 guns I bought still never shot
Will shoot when I have time which isn't often so ammo cost not as much of an issue
Prob shoot it one or two times a year at my parents house as a novelty

Of course sighting it in prob cost a bit
Just never wanted a 50 cal

I've fired an Armalite AR-30 in .338 Lapua. (Don't own it though)
The Armalite muzzle brake is one of the best, so it is not bad to shoot. It's a little better than my AR 50.
I'm looking at a Savage BA 110, but in 300 Win.Mag. The ammo is much cheaper and readily available, plus the gun is available in a left hand version.
Don't forget you'll need a really good scope with that much Boom. :)

We sell a box of regular ammo for 20 rounds $100 and $130 for the good stuff.

The .338 Lapua was developed from the .416 Rigby. The Rigby ammo runs around $200 for 20 rounds.
I have one round :)

I have the Savage 110BA in 300mag topped with a Leupold mark 4 6.5-20. The gun is 16lbs with no scope has a 28" barrel with a muzzle brake that works great !!!! Recoil is like a 223. Gun is about $1800 and a good scope & rings another $1000 min. (mine was $1400 + $125 for rings). I have not reloaded for it yet, but with factory ammo I have shot 1/2" goups @ 200 yards. They make it in 338 lapua also but the cost of ammo made me get the 300 mag.

Attachments

• 0218121934.jpg
    0218121934.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78