3.5" External Gate Down Pipe

jdpolzin

Ok I know some people have tried to make 3.5 down pipes and such but I need one with an external gate that will clear TA headers. Anybody make one?? thanks ------Jeremy

Kevin,

Dont you have ATR headers? When I come up to Cincy in the next few months, we will be building a new 3.5 DP for the car.

John Martin
1986 Buick T-type
9.71 @ 140
6.21 @ 112

No more ATR headers for me. I want to be able to run the head clamps w/o having to butcher them up. I'll show you what I mean when you get up here. It's amazing how much those clamps DO work:smile:

PS, I returned your call and left you a message the other day

Do the TA headers take up more space than the stockers? I see the GNPartsonline 3.5 DP's will clear stock headers and their headers. Wish it had an external gate!

I may have an external gate 3.5" T.H.stainless dp available in a week or so if anyone is interested in it.

Down pipe

Hey Mike will it work with ATR headers or what type gate does it use might be interested. And any pictures?

Steve

I would really like a DP that has the old ATR style wastegate that runs off the hole in the turbo and back into the DP. Does anybody make one??

What are the differences between the ATR heads and the TA Headers? Does one require more room?

supposedly TA is going to be coming out with a 3.5 DP to fit their headers, I talked to a guy there before christmas and he said they were headed into production.