2nd gear slipping?

Charlie Gaudet

Resident Jet Mechanic
Every since I got the car power had been flat in the 3000rpms range. It just doesn't pull. Power flattens and doesn't accelerate. It takes off great and throws you back but then that's it. I changed the valve springs, regapped the plugs, verified fuel is rising 1:1 wiH boost. I replaced the torque converter due to it whining in gear and reverse. That is fixed and it helped wake the car up. In drive it drives fine and shifts into all gears. If I manually put it into 2nd, the motor just revs like I'm pushing the clutch in the tranny was rebuilt and only had maybe 3k miles. It's never seen the track. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys

Check the transfer tube on the valve body to make sure it is seated all the way. I have seen transmissions where the transfer tube was missing.

Check the transfer tube on the valve body to make sure it is seated all the way. I have seen transmissions where the transfer tube was missing.

I will check this weekend. Thanks. Gonna the valve body and clean it anyway and take a peak again

This is the tube to check.
P1010286.JPG