26" vs 28" for 1/8 mile

Twistin6

Has anyone compared these two rear tire sizes to see if one or the other prevails in the 1/8? Would love some real world data or time slips if available. I am aware of the advantage in the 1/4, but I generaly run only 1/8 mile tracks. I am currently running 28" just wondering if I would see a measurable ET gain going to a 26"? If it makes a difference I'm still running the stock 3:42gears. Thanks in advance

The shorter tires should get you off the line better, which should make better 60's, and better 1/8th times. The 28's are better for more MPH on the 1/4

I've ran both and run mostly 1/8 mile. I am currently run 28X9's. I think once you get 7.50 or faster the 28's are better. I get 1.60 ft's consistantly with either tire. I like the 28's better.

I am currently running faster than that is the 1/8 so I will take your advice. Thanks for the reply

1/8

I run 99mph on 28s,and 96 to 97 mph on 26s.Its alot easier for me to hook the 28 inch tire.For my car there is a 2 to 3 tenth loss running 26s,in the 1/8.

If you choose to run with the 28's, I would highly recommend using air bags at a minimum to keep the fenders from cutting into the sidewalls. Removing the fender trim will also help keep them from getting damaged during hard launches.