2017 THS RULES DISCUSION

If NOS would get voted in,what's going to happen when Sean sprays his car. Better be ready to see even lower THS record et's. Remember if it helps a slower car it's going to do the same for a faster car.

If NOS would get voted in,what's going to happen when Sean sprays his car. Better be ready to see even lower THS record et's. Remember if it helps a slower car it's going to do the same for a faster car.

Agree
Would also allow a tighter converter and use the NOS to spool
Note a lot of the big turbos use it just to aid spool up

Detomaso,Is your THS car coming back to THS? Do you still have it?

I don't have that car but I have 3 TBs at current
Had 4 but sold #163
Building another car now
Not sure which class would be racing yet
This ones gonna be really nice though

I have no problem with anyone using it. However if it was allowed im sure it would be penalty like limited turbo size or additional weight.

All I can say is I hope the rules don't change too much. I just basically finished the build on my car and it fits nicely into THS, even bought a turbo specific to the class, a 6766. My plan was to 1. Finish the trans build, 2. Spend this spring dialing the car in and doing some racing this year. But I'm not about to make a bunch of changes if the rules get changed up a bunch.

On a side note, how is your car 3300 with you in it TurboTnZ06? I'm at 3720 with me in my car. All steel including bumpers. That's using the scale at my local dump though.

All I can say is I hope the rules don't change too much. I just basically finished the build on my car and it fits nicely into THS, even bought a turbo specific to the class, a 6766. My plan was to 1. Finish the trans build, 2. Spend this spring dialing the car in and doing some racing this year. But I'm not about to make a bunch of changes if the rules get changed up a bunch.

On a side note, how is your car 3300 with you in it TurboTnZ06? I'm at 3720 with me in my car. All steel including bumpers. That's using the scale at my local dump though.

I had to add a lot of lead on mine
I had stock hood and rear bumper but the light weight fixed mounts and glass front bumper
Alum heads and I think biggest weight savings was the wheels, suspension and brakes as I recall

Even after the chromoly cage had to add 150 pounds of lead and keep gas tank full and I'm 180lbs

I had to add a lot of lead on mine
I had stock hood and rear bumper but the light weight fixed mounts and glass front bumper
Alum heads and I think biggest weight savings was the wheels, suspension and brakes as I recall

Even after the chromoly cage had to add 150 pounds of lead and keep gas tank full and I'm 180lbs

Damn....something to think about for sure. Would like to scale the car too just to verify its weight. Definitely want to get rid of the factory front bumper for sure.

To make weight, I run a swap meet out the back of my trunk. Usually couple of spare drag wheels and tires, some 8445 heads, maybe a floor jack, some chain. Basically whatever I have in the trailer at the time or can borrow.

So, glass bumpers, no stereo (at the moment), no stereo wires, fbody radiator, no rear seat belts (they go back in when not racing), alum heads, heads have rocker studs instead of a bar for roller rockers, punched the 109 out to make it lighter, no washer reservoir, nylon bolts for some of the factory air dam bolts, alum bumper brackets, no x bar in front of the radiator, lighter front seats, no side mirrors, no side mirror adjuster cables, I have a feeling hydroboost is lighter than a powermaster, alum wheels, 3 inch upipe is alum and lighter than stock, SLIC which I have to think is lighter than a front mount, alum driveshaft, I think I took a hole saw some interior metal in the back seat area when I did my harness bar install, removed all the tar paper insulation, removed rear jute padding insulation, I'm sure there's other stuff I have forgotten.

Oh I keep wanting to get titanium lug nuts from Katech, but just can't pull the trigger.

Last edited:
By doing a F-body rad, G-body tubular upper and lower A arms and removing the power seat I dropped right at 100 lbs. Collin even nixed one of my qualifing runs cause I was to light one year.

We never have real big changes where people would be cut out, that's not the idea.

I think a bottom 10's car has a pretty good chance at winning.......

hope all stays the same

I was looking at the lightweight lithium batteries, 5lbs for a full size battery would be cool. Still have to make weight either way.

I suggested a
200lbs weight penalty
62mm turbo limit
1 nozzle or plate
One solenoid for nitrous, fuel, and a purge that must go to atmosphere not a spot to cool any parts of the intake system or near the air cleaner.

The same TTS car could be a good competitive car in THS with the ability to spray it.
I have learned weight could be an issue keeping tabs on.
I would love to see the faster cars downsizing turbos and adding nitrous....how much of a gain would there be...?
Would it be worth the trouble?