2015 Corvette Stingray

huntsg

Had to go to the Chevy dealer today to get some transfer case fluid for my Avalanche so I decided to drive the GN. After picking up the fluid I headed for the dealership exit and fell in behind a sweet red with black accents corvette. He turned left and I followed him out of the lot. He got into it a bit once he had made the turn so I did too, but I was already a few lengths back due to the exit from the lot. BUT I thought maybe he wanted to play. Anyway, he is in the right lane with one guy in front of him and I'm in the left lane with 3 cars in front of me - not looking good - as we roll up to the first light. Light changes and we go forward not being able to do anything with all the traffic in front of us. As we roll up to the next light it is like the parting of the seas. The guy in front of him turns right and my three guys go left and the light goes red. NICE. I drop it into drive and prime my alky pump. This could be fun!! I usually don't initiate a race but I won't shy away either, so when the light changed I just slowly eased out into the intersection. That's when he just hammered it - so I did too! He got half a car on me as I'm fighting the back end as it goes left. Once I got the back end to grab it was all over. I put a full car on him pretty quickly and then let out of it. I was impressed with how the vette took off. Driver seemed like a nice guy. We gave each other a thumbs up and his woman was grinning from ear to ear. I am so ready for Bowling Green!

My buddy has one, it's a '15 and an auto. The car is impressive, he babies his though. Way to represent the Buicks!

Very nice.

The weather in Phoenix is finally cooling off - 90* in the daytime - so it time for my Snoozer to come out and play......... hope to post here soon.:cool:

:cry:My first race was with one of those at the track a couple years back...I pulled ahead until the 1/8 mile and he walked..away .... Him
12.2@118 me 12.44@110.7
His mph was about 4 more at the 1/8 so he was going around by then.

Sucked