2010 Turbobuick.com Nationals

Status
Not open for further replies.
jmo but........... It's funny that most of the folks whining, moaning, and scoffing about the 1/8th mile format have cars running in the 11sec zone and slower and have no idea what it's like once you pass the 10.0 range. I agree that the 1/4 is fun for 10sec cars and up but it can get a little hairy driving an 80s era buick with the aerodynamics of a barn @ 150mph and up. Once you dip on down into the 8s and lower it can be downright scary. I can say this because i have cars that run at both ends of the spectrum. 99% of the faster guys i spoke to @ bg all agreed that we prefer 1/8th for the fast cars. Easier on parts, safer, and most races are over by the 1/8th mile anyway.

Either way it should be a blast - sounds like there is going to be something for everyone and i know clint and the gang will put on first class event!

x2

after the T-giving holidays I will be in contact with several hotel chains to try and save you guys as much money as I can with discounted rates. Look for some info no later than 1st week in January. I am currently in contact with the Alamance county chamber of commerce to see if they can help everyone save some money by contacting local businesses, restaurants, etc...

If you can get any discounts at a Hampton Inn/Hilton, sure would be appreciated!!!

I should know before December. I will put all details in when I get information back from the Alamance COC. They called me and are working on it as we speak.

Jim if you need directions please feel free to let me know. I will help you out anyway I can to make sure that you are there :biggrin:

I found a nice Hampton Inn near the Alamance Medical Center. Hope you can get some "hot" discounts!! :biggrin:

build one to go?

:tongue:am i suppose to bring a car?.....my guys said i should bring a silver marker to sign some cars but i said "you would probably want me to shine some....haha

We will have plenty of Sharpies for ya!! No worries!! Hope you don't mind having your picture taken...

:tongue:am i suppose to bring a car?.....my guys said i should bring a silver marker to sign some cars but i said "you would probably want me to shine some....haha

i myself would rather you helped me finish my car, and you could use it.:eek: It's really not needing much more to be finished, i've been buying parts every month for years now.:eek:

Thanks Buddie. I just spit coffee on the puter screen when I saw your name on here. Welcome aboard.

Wow! Welcome Buddy!

You really need to tell all the guys on this board how the 1985 cars are the best ones to have. Most of them seem to be stuck on those 86-87 ones:tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.