2010 Turbobuick.com Nationals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a day in mind yet? Fri/sat for the show? I have tix to drive the NASCAR is lows. So Iam going to try and book it around this event.

Tsr

If you are referring to TSR the minimum treadwear rating is 250 or higher please get with Scot W. For further details
As he is the RRA for this class. I'm asssuming that's what you are asking about becuse
Your post is limited with info:)

There seems to be some confusion about the track that this event is going to be held. The 1/8th mile track is 10 minutes from Burlington and is called Piedmont Dragway. Some folks might be confused with another post regarding the event location. Just wanted to clear some confusion.

Is there a 1/4 mile track closeby where the event can be held? 1/8th mile?:confused::confused: Are they going to bulid the other half of the track before March?

Sounds like fun..but 1/8th mile location...pffft

Is there a 1/4 mile track closeby where the event can be held? 1/8th mile?:confused::confused: Are they going to bulid the other half of the track before March?

Sounds like fun..but 1/8th mile location...pffft

The whole idea of an 1/8 mile track is to make it a fun thing not as much competition. This is a gathering for the TB.Com guys, not something made into BG or Reynolds. This is something for us alone.

The whole idea of an 1/8 mile track is to make it a fun thing not as much competition. This is a gathering for the TB.Com guys, not something made into BG or Reynolds. This is something for us alone.

Honestly, it sounds like a blast and you've already got some big names coming. I've gone to BG in the past just for the friendships and bench racing without even bringing the car. 1/8th mile though....so not a fan, 1/4 miles should have been a criteria, why not just do it @ North Carolina speedway and we can race in on a circle track the way the Grand Nationals were born??

Who in the world do you think we are?

:( AJ

We raced it last year, it was awsome. I wasn't so keen on 1\8th mile... am now.. :) Easier on the motor, the brakes and the knuckles... :)

JMO but........... It's funny that most of the folks whining, moaning, and scoffing about the 1/8th mile format have cars running in the 11sec zone and slower and have NO IDEA what it's like once you pass the 10.0 range. I agree that the 1/4 is fun for 10sec cars and up but it can get a little hairy driving an 80s era Buick with the aerodynamics of a barn @ 150mph and up. Once you dip on down into the 8s and lower it can be downright scary. I can say this because I have cars that run at both ends of the spectrum. 99% of the faster guys I spoke to @ BG all agreed that we prefer 1/8th for the fast cars. Easier on parts, SAFER, and most races are over by the 1/8th mile anyway.

Either way it should be a blast - sounds like there is going to be something for everyone and I know Clint and the gang will put on first class event!

I attended the 08 open house and plan on being there in March, that track is fine, and I would love to participate in a hot air event :D Anyword if someone from Alchy control is gonna be there, like Razor? Is Eric from Turbotweek making the show? I'd like to get an alchy kit installed there at Richard's place. Then have a couple of days to tune, how sweet would that be !! :biggrin:

JMO but........... It's funny that most of the folks whining, moaning, and scoffing about the 1/8th mile format have cars running in the 11sec zone and slower and have NO IDEA what it's like once you pass the 10.0 range. I agree that the 1/4 is fun for 10sec cars and up but it can get a little hairy driving an 80s era Buick with the aerodynamics of a barn @ 150mph and up. Once you dip on down into the 8s and lower it can be downright scary. I can say this because I have cars that run at both ends of the spectrum. 99% of the faster guys I spoke to @ BG all agreed that we prefer 1/8th for the fast cars. Easier on parts, SAFER, and most races are over by the 1/8th mile anyway.
Either way it should be a blast - sounds like there is going to be something for everyone and I know Clint and the gang will put on first class event!
I am not being sarcastic so don't interpret this that way.....

If 8 second Buick bricks are not fun to race and borderline unsafe, then why did you build one?
I prefer 1/4 mile I guess because I have a slow 11.0 car. However, if this event were held at a quartermile track all the 8 sec cars, and 9 sec cars if they so choose, can run 1/8 mile and the rest of us can still run 1/4 mile.

Maybe with 8 sec cars the race is over at the 1/8 mile but that is not fact in the 11.50 heads up index racing I participate in.

Maybe with 8 sec cars the race is over at the 1/8 mile but that is not fact in the 11.50 heads up index racing I participate in.

Then you should have no trouble participating in the 7.49 index at this event should you.

Turbo-fun just make two passes=1/4 OR stay home and the rest of us will enjoy this great event. Thanks

I am not being sarcastic so don't interpret this that way.....

If 8 second Buick bricks are not fun to race and borderline unsafe, then why did you build one?
I prefer 1/4 mile I guess because I have a slow 11.0 car. However, if this event were held at a quartermile track all the 8 sec cars, and 9 sec cars if they so choose, can run 1/8 mile and the rest of us can still run 1/4 mile.

Every track you race the 1/4 you race the 1/8 first:wink:

Sydwyndr:

Any info on hotel/motel/travlelodges in the area???

We're already setting next year's vacation aside for these dates.

Also: any address info or directions to Richard's facility? The tech sessions should be great!!

after the T-giving holidays I will be in contact with several hotel chains to try and save you guys as much money as I can with discounted rates. Look for some info no later than 1st week in January. I am currently in contact with the Alamance county chamber of commerce to see if they can help everyone save some money by contacting local businesses, restaurants, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.