2010 Turbobuick.com Nationals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well never had a vacation ever and its time to get out of TX for a change!Sounds like fun lets see how the year turns out.

Count me as well guy's! ;) Sounds pretty cool.

Only 5hrs / 300 miles for me.. :)

If I can help in any way just let me know.

Scot W.

Count me as well guy's! ;) Sounds pretty cool.

Only 5hrs / 300 miles for me.. :)

If I can help in any way just let me know.

Scot W.

I plan on being there. Only 15 minutes to Richard's and 35 minutes to the track. :biggrin:

I plan on being there. Only 15 minutes to Richard's and 35 minutes to the track. :biggrin:

Understand that we are still putting this thing together, with that being said I had an idea for a class. It would be called TSR (Turbo Street Radial). What this would be would be heads-up/pro tree and the ONLY tire you can use is either a 255 or 275 series BF Goodrich Radial TA. You Can't use BFG Drag Radial... Must be a street driven with proper license and Registration. That way HP is not as much of an issue as how good of a driver you can be. How fast can you go on a regular radial tire.

Thoughts??

ONLY tire you can use is either a 255 or 275 series BF Goodrich Radial TA. [/QUOTE said:
Why only BFG street tire? This means I can't use my Firestone Indy 500s and must purchase BFGs if I want to run this class. Do you have stock in BFG. :)

Running on radials sounds like fun. :eek: Maybe some of the faster guys will be slowed down enough to give us slow guys a chance...;)

Treadwear ratings!

Understand that we are still putting this thing together, with that being said I had an idea for a class. It would be called TSR (Turbo Street Radial). What this would be would be heads-up/pro tree and the ONLY tire you can use is either a 255 or 275 series BF Goodrich Radial TA. You Can't use BFG Drag Radial... Must be a street driven with proper license and Registration. That way HP is not as much of an issue as how good of a driver you can be. How fast can you go on a regular radial tire.

Thoughts??
IT'S ABOUT TIME SOMEONE DONE A CLASS LIKE THIS!!!
Clint you might want to limit the tire a tad different than just saying BFG T/A radials! Doing a (Treadwear Rating) Limit would be ALOT easier for everyone. The rating is right on the tires so it would be real easy going through tech as well. Here would be my suggestion.

Make it limited to NO LESS THAN 200 treadwear rating or something and that will elliminate all your drag radials. You might even want to go up to a 300 treadwear rating!

If you were to choose a minimum of 200 TWR then also add " NO DRAG RADIALS!" just to make sure..

Here are some TWR examples:

1) Falken Azenis 615 = 200 TWR
2) Falken Ziex 512 = 300 TWR
3) BFG KDW's = 300 TWR
4) BFG Radial T/A's = 400 TWR
5) Michelin Pilot Sports = 220 TWR

I will attend this class For sure!

SW.

So much for BowlingGreen!!! LOL

Let me say this IS NOT the intention of this event. I know that it is 10 weeks or so in front of BG. This simply means that 2010 will be packed with great racing events from different parts of the country. With this event in March, the 30th running of the BG Nats, BPG, and Norwalk just to name a few. I personally volunteered to help with the announcing this year at Bowling Green to help them out. They were MORE than willing to let me announce the upcoming Reynolds event with no issues. This will simply add to the choices of Buick venues. Shane wanted to have an event here in NC because he has ALWAYS wanted something for the Buick community so we just put all the pieces together and this is what came together. It is good for the racing community to come together and share in the wealth. I received information from the BPG group that they will be giving contingency monies to the winners and R/U in OUR race categories in March to members of their group. We WILL also do the same for them for the upcoming BPG event. As race operators we understand how we must work together to help keep our sport alive with innovative, new, and fresh ideas and different venues to help better accomodate our fellow racers. As with the upcoming event in Reynolds GA. this race will also payback 100% of any and all sponsorship monies to the racers via giveaways or added incentives. The only thing that we care about is to cover the track rental expenses. I have supported BG for over 5 years now and will continue to do so as long as they are running. I enjot meeting the folks from all over the country and watching some really close racing action every year in Kentucky. Im just a buick nut at heart as many of you on this board are as well. I do have my plate full with 2 back to back events coming up!! Is all good tho...

IT'S ABOUT TIME SOMEONE DONE A CLASS LIKE THIS!!!
Clint you might want to limit the tire a tad different than just saying BFG T/A radials! Doing a (Treadwear Rating) Limit would be ALOT easier for everyone. The rating is right on the tires so it would be real easy going through tech as well. Here would be my suggestion.

Make it limited to NO LESS THAN 200 treadwear rating or something and that will elliminate all your drag radials. You might even want to go up to a 300 treadwear rating!

If you were to choose a minimum of 200 TWR then also add " NO DRAG RADIALS!" just to make sure..

Here are some TWR examples:

1) Falken Azenis 615 = 200 TWR
2) Falken Ziex 512 = 300 TWR
3) BFG KDW's = 300 TWR
4) BFG Radial T/A's = 400 TWR
5) Michelin Pilot Sports = 220 TWR

I will attend this class For sure!

SW.

I think you might be getting a little too technical for us country folks out here to the east:D maybe not so much BFG radial TA but i am kinda leaning toward the 255 or 275 rating on the tire. Still with so much time coming up we can hammer out all the details. Heres an Idea. We could make it the (GNS Performance TSR race) with YOU as the title sponsor!! I wouldnt even care if you run in your own class as long as noone else cared. Maybe $400 win, $100 R/U. Whatcha say there Scotty??:wink:

Few things:
- List of hotels in the area
- Is there a place where the trailers could be left at prior to the track days?
- Could the cars/trailers be left at the track overnight, like done in BG?
- Safety not tech ie: theft of movable property, burglary, etc, etc

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Few things:
- List of hotels in the area
- Is there a place where the trailers could be left at prior to the track days?
- Could the cars/trailers be left at the track overnight, like done in BG?
- Safety not tech ie: theft of movable property, burglary, etc, etc

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

- will be listed later
- yes, large facility with locked gates at night.
- yes, asked already and wont be an issue.
- keep everything locked as u would in BG and you should be fine.

I think you might be getting a little too technical for us country folks out here to the east:D maybe not so much BFG radial TA but i am kinda leaning toward the 255 or 275 rating on the tire. Still with so much time coming up we can hammer out all the details. Heres an Idea. We could make it the (GNS Performance TSR race) with YOU as the title sponsor!! I wouldnt even care if you run in your own class as long as noone else cared. Maybe $400 win, $100 R/U. Whatcha say there Scotty??:wink:
Common there Clint! It's not that technical at all, Looking at a number on a tire!! :biggrin: This is the same limit that we have at our "Run Through the Hills" event and it works very well. The rule at our event is (You must run the same tire in all 3 events. Dragracing, Autocross, MTN run.. Doing it this way keeps everyone on an even playing field.

I personally wouldn't care about a size limit too much when you have a TWR limit of say 200. With the Slick / Dragradial CRUTCH elliminated The hardest part is going to be Technique of the launch!

GNS Performance sponsoring the ( TSR ) class is definitely something we WILL look into!! ;)

SW.

Common there Clint! It's not that technical at all, Looking at a number on a tire!! :biggrin: This is the same limit that we have at our "Run Through the Hills" event and it works very well. The rule at our event is (You must run the same tire in all 3 events. Dragracing, Autocross, MTN run.. Doing it this way keeps everyone on an even playing field.

I personally wouldn't care about a size limit too much when you have a TWR limit of say 200. With the Slick / Dragradial CRUTCH elliminated The hardest part is going to be Technique of the launch!

GNS Performance sponsoring the ( TSR ) class is definitely something we WILL look into!! ;)

SW.

I got you. Your race, YOUR Rules!! You can be the RRA for the class. Way to go SCOTT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.