200R4 anti lockup valve

bill_deliman

Maybe 20 years ago, when I was drag racing my GN, I removed the 200R4 lockup valve and performed some procedure to install an anti lockup valve. I think it might have involved drilling a hole, but it's been a long time. My question is, can the lockup valve be reinstalled, or is there no going back ?

Bill

the art carr lu conversion required pulling trans out , dropping pan , removing lu solenoid and pulling pump, seperate pump remove Lock up valve and springs then tapping and installing a threaded allen nut in hole to hold the non lock valve
besides the pump/valve mod you also needed to pull the check ball capsule and o-ring from the input shaft

youll need to seperate pump and remove the set screw, remove non lock valve , swap back the oe lockup springs and valve with disc and retainer clip, reinstall plug with locktite ( migtht be able to only screw it in enough to plug hole but may need to grind tip down so it doesnt interfere with LU valve ) , reinstall pump and oring on input shaft (the check capsule doesnt need to go back for lu to work but will engage harded without it ), then reinstall the lu solenoid

i included the art carr non lock install instructs that need to reversed

Attachments

• non lockup.pdf
    36.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: