***2 Testers Needed, Digital Horsepower TCC Controller!***

superdve

Who would like to get on board as a 'tester' for our upcoming new product: The Digital Horsepower TCC Module?
We need 3 testers for this product. You will earn a FREE controller when we are done IF you provide quality usable
input.

Let me explain the product and qualify YOU:

The DHP TCC module ia a small, (about 1" Thick 'Business Card' sized module) that employs a fast dedicated 40 mhz Microcontroller to provide 'long lost' OEM quality TCC control when going to an aftermarket EFI systems on Turbo Regals. No clicking relays, no manual switches, no vacuum switches! The product will most likely retail real close to B&M's VSS only controller!

The DHP TCC Controller uses the following inputs to make TCC decisions:

1. TPS
2. VSS
3. MAP (Optional Feature)
4. 3rd Gear Input
5. 4th Gear Input
6. Brake Switch Input
7. WOT Enable (RACE MODE)

All inputs are circuit protected to not 'load' or interfere with your current ECU.

It has the following outputs:

TCC Enable Output, (HI Performance, HI current device, NO RELAY NEEDED)
VSS Output, (for pass through VSS signals, future models will be able to slew VSS for speedometer calibration)
Display Output, (for future remote display usage)

The controller has a contrast adjustable LCD display with a Digital Speedometer readout and status indicator and has fully adjustable parameters for the following:

1. TPS, low limit, hi limit and adjustable hysteresis points
2. VSS, low engage, hi disengage, and hysteresis
3. MAP, low voltage, high voltage, and hysteresis
4. Use 3rd Gear Yes/No to allow for 3rd gear TCC enable
5. Use 4th Gear Yes/No to allow for 4th gear TCC enable
6. Brake Switch input, (allows for immediate unlock and delayed re-lock)
7. TCC Re-enable delay period.
8. WOT enable, (allows TCC to lock when armed at preset TPS and or VSS limits.

An optional remote display unit is also being developed for those who desire a digital speedometer readout and status indicator.

HOW CAN I BE A TESTER?

1) Testers will need to have a decent knowledge of basic wiring to hookup into their exisiting Felpro or DFI interface. (We will be working with White Racing and Marine to develop a plug and play option for the controller this winter as well for those who desire TOTAL plug and play.)

2) Testers need to be able to drive their car in December and January to provide feedback. We want these things BULLETPROOF and need to know what's good and what's bad.

3) Testers need to consider themselves intuitive ENOUGH to make quality critical assesments and adjustments to the menu screens and settings and document WEAKNESSES or CRITICAL changes to the product for the marketplace. The testers will be the ones assisting in the development of the DEFAULT setting to the menus so that TCC control works well out of the BOX for Turbo Regals!

Those interested please e-mail us at

sales@digitalhorsepowerinc.com
ATTN: TCC CONTROLLER TESTER

Regards,

David Buckshaw

Its about time someone has come up with this, I would love to be a tester, but can't drive it in the winter months. If its priced reasonable i'll pre order one right away, and if you come up with a better version, ill pay the difference.

norb

Originally posted by norbs
Its about time someone has come up with this, I would love to be a tester, but can't drive it in the winter months. If its priced reasonable i'll pre order one right away, and if you come up with a better version, ill pay the difference.

norb

Norb,

I appreciate your interest in PREORDERING. For right now we're footing the development on the unit. What I will do is put you on top of the LIST. We're trying our hardest to design and source this product as reasonable as possible while NOT reducing its performaance or quality. The goal is to make it a "no brainer" when it come to its VALUE. Consequently it needs to have a price point that makes sense. The genesis of this product came from our own frustrations with TCC lockup on late model cars with aftermarket EFI. DFI Gen 7's approach simply doesn't work well enough for our liking either. I alredy tried it on the Turbo AWD, S10 project this fall. Clark Peterson and I are both running the FAST EFI systems from White Racing and we love the boxes...

Just NO freaking lockup!! Why have we had to deal with SUBSTANDARD TCC control for the last 12 years I'll never know.

We've put $$$ into the development of the TCC controller like thousands when it's all done. But we realize the scope of the market is large, (65' Chevelles with Carbs, 87 GN's with DFI's, Street Rods, etc.), so we're designing the product to ADAPT well to different situations.

If you don't have a TPS no problem! Turn off that menu and run VSS and MAP with the Brake Input and Gear Switches, etc.

If you want to run just MAP and VSS, no problem it will work that way as well.

It should really change TCC control without having to upgrade EFI systems. (I hear BIG STUFF 3 will have transmission control)

Pass the word on our project please

Regards,

Dave

I just need one more 'lucky' tester! Bruce Plecan and Len Freeman stepped up earlier tonight.

Dave