1985 T-Type

Jordan89

Hi guys, I have a '85 t-type that I have been thinking about selling. I bought the car with a blown engine, and with intentions of doing a turbo LM7 swap. I'm going back to school, and no longer have the time and money to go on with this project. I do have a 1980 Riviera turbo engine that I was planning on installing while I collected the parts for the swap, and will include it with the sale. The car has Grand National seats, front and rear. The body is pretty straight, and is a clean title car. I was thinking $2700obo. I'll post pics later. PM me if interested.

Last edited:
IMG_1333.JPG

The car is located in Oakland, Ca. I go to school in Berkeley, CA. and am available to show it upon request. I wish I could go through with this project, but I really don't have the time, nor money, to do it. I have to double check, but I'm almost sure it is a WH1 paint code car.

Yeah I just confirmed that today. One of the previous owners went ahead and made this big mistake. I wasn't too worried about that because of my original intentions of doing an LSX turbo swap, but my plans have changed due to school and family.

It's sad - but it's a crazy market.
The market hardly supports restos right now.
That's why you see alot of cars get parted out.
By the time you add paint and a drivetrain - you're almost at or above what you could buy a finished / running car for.
I'm not sure which is more expensive - a well done driveline or the well done paint job.
But they are both budget killers.
I always sort of laugh when I see the WH1s turned into GNs.
That actually took somebody some real work and cost real money.
And the WH1s are the real gems. They were beautiful when new, and still are.
Hindsight being 20 /20 I suppose.
GLWS