1978 Z28 in GA

84c10

I've had the car "sold" a couple different times, and mostly each time someone doesn't follow through I just stop bothering trying for a bit... Reality of the situation is, I've put probably 100 miles on it since this time last year, and I really want to pick up a classic with a bench seat as a cruiser instead.

I think I'm finished with the ebay route as well, so I'm going to try on here and if there is no interest in the car as it sits, early next month I'll send it out for paint/decals and bump the price up accordingly, put it in some car trader mags.

Just over 101k original miles, comes with documents from the build sheet to the window sticker, warranty docs, dealer order form, etc. Nice survivor car to drive, or restore and then park in a collection.

Body and Paint

Paint is mostly original, and has nicks, chips, fading, and light lacquer checking starting on the top surfaces as would be expected 33 year old car that has been driven. Notably there was touch up work done seveeral years ago on the faded rear bumper cover, and the drivers door/upper quarter panel from the body side molding level on up. The strip kit is peeling and frayed around the edges, but would be replaced when/if the car was repainted. Still a nice 5-footer.

There are and never have been any rust issues with the car. Have pictures for serious and ready parties to highlight common problem areas, and all need no rust repair - cowl, floors, dog legs, drop offs, hinge areas, tailpan, etc all are original and need no rust repair.

Frame rails, trunk, spring mount areas etc. are all nice and solid.

Glass is nice, although there are a few light scratches in the side windows when looking closely from previously dried out window sweeps before they had been replaced.

Suspension brakes and wheels are all stock to my knowledge, with maintenance repairs over the years as necessary.

Only body work done on this car other than the ziebart rustproofing when new from the dealer was some filler work up high on the drivers qtr panel around the body line from something rolling in the trunk, and around the drivers door lock from someone breaking into the car to rummage around. Both could be redone better when the car is someday repainted, but fine for a driver as seen in the pictures.

Interior

The interior is in excellent shape, and is mostly original survivor condition. The console lid was replaced, along with one window crank, and the headliner had been previously done in a modern foam-backed fabric (not the original perforated vinyl.) Seats are comfortable and original fabric, NOT VINYL. Door panels are nice, carpet is clean and unstained with gm rubber floor mats. All gauges are working, and the original clock works bu doesn't always keep accurate time. Dash is uncut, and a period-correct am/fm/cassette is installed along with a period-correct equalizer/amplifer unit.

Engine and Drivetrain

The engine is the original 350, wearing the factory carb, intake, exhaust manifolds, valve covers, the works. Car had a retrofit to r134a with reman compressor, new accumulator/drier etc about 5 years ago. Transmission is the original th350 fully professionally rebuilt under a couple hundred miles ago, with new factory spec torque converter. Harmonic balancer was replaced due to deterioration of the rubber seal. Rear end is the factory 10 bolt with 3:42 gears.

Like I said, I doubt I've put 100 miles on it since this time last year, but the horns/wipers/lights/everything works, has a new battery in it, just not something I really need anymore and rarely ever find occasion to use. Price: $6500. If you have cash in hand and show up soon to take it, I'm willing to listen to bottom line offers, including if I hang onto the wheels or eq/radio or something I'd use on the eventual bench seat inline6 cruiser.

sticker.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

MANY other large pics for seriously interested parties.