16 Volts and FAST ????

turbo_bu

Looking at all the electrical stuff on the project car and was thinking about running it on 16 volts. Turbostarts web site says gauges, fuel pumps, fans, etc.... all work with 16 volts. BUT, it also said to check with the manufactures first. Anyone know or have run their FAST systems on 16 volts?

No problem. Many people do this. Just make sure to turn off the battery disconnect switch when charging though. That's about 20 volts at that point.

I've never seen anything weird happen with the ECU at that voltage but our remote data loggers won't work at that high of a voltage.

Turning the battery switch off when charging a 16 volt battery is a good idea for ALL electronics in the car, not just FAST stuff. However, I don't know anyone who has gone the 16 volt route and isn't very happy with it. I think you'll like it.

Thanks Craig, that is what I was looking for. One quick question though about the injector behaviour with 16 volts. Do I have to reduce or adjust the injector constant since I am using 16 volts to fire them?