12inch front disc / rear disc which proportioning valve?

5ltretr

I heard when you convert rear drum to disc , I will need a new proportioning valve.

I'm not really up for an adjustable one, does anyone know a non adjust that I can install and go?

thanks!

In my opinion a manual adjustable prop valve is the best way to go. Weight ditribution, tire compund wheel size ect will have an effect on a a preset stock style valve. The adjustable can be set exactly to your liking and needs.

A manually adjustable one will allow you to...

...adjust more pressure to the rear for building boost, and then can be backed off for normal street driving. Some (usually professional) drag racers actually use a pressure gauge for staging at the same pressure each time.

Yes, thats exaclty what i didnt want to get into, modifing for street/strip. the car is mostly street driven..

thanks, let me know if anyone knows of a non adjust model.

Then just call Master Power

They will hook you right up with one that looks and functions just like your OEM, but calibrated for your current system.

coool, i sent them an email, no response yet. might just call them tomorrow if I have time.

You might want to try using the existing proporting valve. I have installed B-car 12" front brakes and Baer 12" rear brakes and the stock valve works just fine.

How do you know if it works ok? Find a lonely straight and wide section of road (or a big parking lot on Sunday morning). Starting at low speeds, hit the brakes hard and see if it stops straight? If the rears are locking up first, you will have a very interesting ride (spin?). Be careful and work your way up to legal speed. You will KNOW if something is wrong! Baer and Wilwood also make a great valve.

You might also want to find a local buddy that races autocross (Solo). They should be able to help you tune your system.

Good luck.