1 JL vs 2 Sony

Vigor 87GN

I was thinking about switching from a two 10" sony expload setup. To a setup consisting of 1 10"-12" JL Audio subwoofer. Now i know that JL makes some of the best stuff around, but will i see a gain in sound using one jl vs two sony exploads? Just out of curiousity :) Thanks for any help or insight - russ

The 2 10" Sonys have more piston area than a single 10" or single 12" Jl sub. But then again, the JLs hit very hard. I personally would run a single or dual 12" JLs or dual 10" JLs that in my opinion will out perform the Sony Xplodes.

Thanks once again audiowizard.

eighty2regal, i will most likely be getting my hands on a ws6 model. *hopefully* :D

i can vouch for 2 10 w-6's about how loud they are... my friends got 2 of them in his car w/ a 2200 watt MTX amp... slams hard!

i dunno....my vote would have to go to a W7...that thing takes some insane amt of power. :D

Originally posted by mcss383
i dunno....my vote would have to go to a W7...that thing takes some insane amt of power. :D

i heard about the new w7's from a couple guys but they didnt say much about them other than that they hit pretty hard and also hit the pocket pretty hard :) any details on these?