1/4 plate for turbo

Quick6'n'-K.C.

wana steal it? meet mr9mm
Staff member
This issue will be on going for ever.

Someone doesnt do their homework before buying a used turbo, unfortunately the exhaust housing puck hole is ported out too large and the new owner must purchase a new exhaust housing because the puck sets inside the hole. (instead of welding hole smaller)

Could someone start making a plate that would bolt between the downpipe and turbo. The plate would be cut out for the exhaust to go thru, and provide a smaller diameter hole for the puck to seat on.

Basically a fresh new surface for the downpipe to bolt to providing a smaller diameter hole for the puck to seat on and make boost...

Seems like the second one this month http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198990

BW

plate

That would not be to hard to make with a cnc machine. i'll see what i can find out about getting some made. Aflat surface where it would seal is going to be big thing. what size pucket hole would be needed.

WINDMILL said:
That would not be to hard to make with a cnc machine. i'll see what i can find out about getting some made. Aflat surface where it would seal is going to be big thing. what size pucket hole would be needed.

Stock hole for the wastegate off a stock turbo so its made in the correct spot, but leaving enough meat on the outside edges for the Q trim turbos.
Then maybe up to the customer to port the hole to their exact diameter.

I dunno, its up to who ever.
BW

flange

what would happen to this would have a hole so big and let the person fit it to their turbo needs.

1/4 plate

Brian I saw your message, and the parts wanted. I'll get my pop's to make you one as well. We have already made one it might be worth seeing if there is enough interest to make a few more and see whoelse might need one. I'll get with you this week. see ya Jason

I have them with no hole (you can drill your own) made from stainless 1/8" thick. in stock $29

Do you have any pictures of the piece jason? Or more importantly of it installed/ how it works?

plate

Wow Jason, I didn't know anyone had them. I ended up having my dad make me one because I couldn't find anything like it. I should have called, I didn't think about it.

I made the block off plates to go with my down pipe flange for the guys that would prefer to run the external style gates with my down pipe.

the flange with elbow and v-band setup either for stock style waste gates or with a block off plate are $439 everything is stainless but the elbow. (they don't make the elbow in stainless) the elbow is 5" dia with a 5" centerline radius. there is quite a bit of machining there.

I will try and snap some pictures of the block off plate.

I have them with no hole (you can drill your own) made from stainless 1/8" thick. in stock $29

Just a thought, what about using these spacers to help make downpipes fit farther away from aftermarket headers?

I know there is a growing trend using the ebay headers, and the downpipes seem to be very close to the headers.

Possibly making them in different thicknesses would be a good idea for customers needs?

Anyone know where to get the graphite gaskets that ATR used to sell for the external downpipes?
BW

I had to make one for use with the stock turbo and Jason's massive sewer pipe. I needed a temporary fix until I got the larger turbo. I used a 1/8" piece of stainless steel and cut it to the shape of the RJC dp, drilled the bolt holes and voila.

BTW Jason, I looove that pipe. People look under the hood and say nothing, just wide eyed. (the rest of the car almost doesn't matter)

block off plate

i bought one of these from Jason(RJC) because my waste gate hole in my turbo was too big for my downpipe puck. Marked the hole and drilled it to what i needed and it worked great..thanks RJC..........................Bob

Turbo

Is the turbo and boost bleeder still for sale? If so, I am interested for $600 shipped to 62097.