Steve Ames buys Chevy Cameo

Discussion in 'Turbo Lounge' started by Pronto, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Pronto

Pronto Winter is coming.

2. John Larkin

John Larkin Sublime Master of Turbology

I bought Pontiac restoration parts from Ames 20 years ago. Haven't thought about them in forever.

3. psycho6cyl

psycho6cyl Ponies Are For Lil Girls

Ames covers for the parts book.were always cool. Sometimes knocking mustangs. Hes ok.in my book.lol

4. Rubicon 327

Rubicon 327 Protected by Attack Cat

Is it a GNX? I see fender vents.

He also needs a set of fillers from Spool Fool!:)

5. Pronto

Pronto Winter is coming.

When NH had it's own Pontiac chapter we went on a tour of the facility. Large complex with a car museum, parts dept and another section devoted to reproducing parts. He uses this low mile examples for details on where parts go, how they mount and factory markings so when they are repopped they are as close to perfect as possible. The catalog covers are classic!

6. dr_frankenstein

dr_frankenstein Mad Scientist

Ames is good stuff for the poncho crowd!

7. ttaowner

ttaowner I pay to sell parts on here !!!!!!!!

I remembering going to his place in the mid 80's there was a new big garage at his house he was selling parts out of. I have a bunch of those catalogs from the early to mid 80's when my uncle restored his 65 Gto.

8. Dennis Kirban

Dennis Kirban Well-Known Member

I have known Steve personally for probably 30plus years ot longer. He does have a massive collection of low mileage cars. One of the big players in the GTO/Pontiac world and one of the first companies we sold parts to many many yeras ago. (I started in 1978 in the GTO business) We still make GTO parts for the major players.

I know for a fact he has a GNX as it belonged at one time to another good friend of mine who sold it to him years ago. He is also a well known Pontiac collector.

Steve now focuses on the wholesale of parts he gets made.

That entire auction out there in Nebraska was a huge attraction based on the low mileage examples even though
    conditions were not ideal. Nebraska winters are not kind to vehicles.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

9. longbedGTs

longbedGTs high on gas fumes

Cool deal, never heard of Ames Performance before. Hope he doesn't sell faded out bumper fillers!

10. Dennis Kirban

Dennis Kirban Well-Known Member

As I mentioned earlier Steve Ames is one of the big 3 major Pontiac players strictly Pontiac and has been since basically the beginning of the GTO reproduction game The GTO being considered as the premier muscle car from the 1960s...the one that started it for those 1960s muscle cars.....

It was that car that launched quite a few of the Pontiac mail order businesses and most of which expanded into the F body and full size etc Pontiacs.

My company being one of them. We made one of the first reproduction parts back in 1979-1980 a part we stilll get made today for the 1964-65 GTOs.....even sold parts to PMD on the 1964 GTO they restored years ago.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

heck Len the owner of Year One started his business working out of his parents home....way back when.....