Door Chime Module

GrandV6

Looking for specific instructions on how to replace the door chime module. I hear its underneath the dash kinda behind radio. PITA??
Thank you….

How well can you belly crawl with a flashlight between your teeth?

How do you know it's bad? Do you have option code T63 on the RPO code sticker?
Most people bypass the chime in the car for the seatbelt switch, at the wire connector under the seat.

Do not have the T63 option. But shouldn’t I hear a buzz (or something) when the door is opened with ignition key in? Not sure now

Yes there is the slow chime for the door and the fast chime if you have the T63 option with lights left on and car off.
Have you checked the wiring under the seat yet?
The module is inside the inconvenience center pictured below.
I would check everything I could like the door jamb switch, seatbelt switch and wire under the seat, fuse, etc. before going after the chime module or IGN warning switch.
IMG_0817.JPG

IMG_0820.JPG

Yes there is the slow chime for the door and the fast chime if you have the T63 option with lights left on and car off.
Have you checked the wiring under the seat yet?
The module is inside the inconvenience center pictured below.
I would check everything I could like the door jamb switch, seatbelt switch and wire under the seat, fuse, etc. before going after the chime module or IGN warning switch.
View attachment 399556
View attachment 399555

Where is this wire under the seat?? I have a power driver seat so the harness that comes out from under the carpet is the only wire I’m aware of. Thanks for the info Salvage V6

Last edited:
The wire under the seat is the seat belt switch, unplugged is OFF of course. ;)
Aftermarket seat and dirt not included.
IMG_0821uuu.jpg

Seat belt harness behind seat IS plugged in.
Fasten seat belt indicator doesn’t light up though

Thanks I’ll check that too.

Hey you may not remember but we met years ago (99-2003) at Walmart cruise night in Wallingford. I had a GNX at the time & I believe you had a WE4. I remember you were explaining to me a way to test for bad coil pack

Small world lol, I actually miss that cruise they didn't care what your car looked like and you could shop too. :cool:
I will post up the testing procedure for the system, most of it is done at the convenience center and you have to be inside the dash with a meter or good test light.
Do you have an ohm meter you can use to test the seat belt switch?
You would unplug the connector and read across the two terminals on the connector with the wires that go up the seat belt plastic cover not the ones going to the car in the carpet. Should read a short with the seat belt unplugged low ohms, should read an open circuit with seat belt buckled.
Does the car have theft deterrent or Twilight Sentinel options? If so do they work?
Lots of wiring for an annoying dinger..... :p

The IGN key warning switch needs the ground from one of the drivers door pin switches there are two, one grounds the bulb(s) for the interior lights to light up and the other grounds wiring to the theft deterrent (if equipped) and sends the ground to the IGN Key warning switch, all pictured below. Just found the schematic page for the circuits.
IMG_0823.JPEG