4" Cold air kit from TURBO REGAL CUSTOM PARTS

and your point is?

nobody will argue with you that cooler input temps are better.....

but, if you disrupt the flow enough, to gain a cooler intake,you may gain nada

as pointed out, my observations are at the track, not driving around town

as I said, if you like the idea, use one (just don't count on much improvement)
agreed

mine had a good sit for 6 years then a 3 year build back in the early 2000s

i got stuck......but not like chuck

I remember something that Red A said about this........he felt a rigid mount for the maf was not a good thing, and that the maf should be cushioned from engine vibes etc.
I'm sure that when he said this he was referring to the stock MAF sensor. The LT1 and LS1 sensors do not have this problem.

point being made is, you don't gain enough from the "cool" air plumbing to overcome the flow losses.
This is very old news in this community, but there will always be people who want to argue about physics. It's not just the bends but also the length of the tube. You can prove this to yourself by blowing through a short piece of hose and then blowing through a much longer hose of the same diameter. The longer hose will require more effort to blow through. This is why a vertical rowed front mount intercooler makes more power than a horizontal rowed intercooler. Not only are the tubes shorter, but there are more of them. Because of this, the vertical rowed intercooler is less restrictive. It doesn't cool as well, but it allows the turbo to make boost without working as hard. Because of this, the air doesn't get heated up as much before it moves through the intercooler so the intercooler doesn't need to cool it down as much. When it comes to intercoolers and intake pipes, people want to talk about temperature and pay no attention to restriction. In the case of the intake tube and the intercooler, the ones with the least restriction work the best. In the 90s, people learned this lesson when they removed their Kenne - Bell ram air kits. Old News.

FYI, a stock location intercooler is a vertical rowed front mount intercooler turned sideways.

Why don't one of you guys do a dyno test with it on and with the filter in the engine bay and see what happens.
I wish I could, but I don't have the funds right now. :(

Later
CJ
Many people have tested this at the track including azgn. It's not up for debate. It's not a theory. In the words of Marisa Tomei " It's a fact "